Universal Personnel are looking for 7.5T drivers for our client based in Peterborough.
Our client are the UK & IRE’s leading 2 Man Home Delivery Service provider, they offer a true end to end solution for a wide variety of customers. Our client operates 7 days a week, 362 days a year providing customers with a choice which meets their expectations.
For the right candidate this role has the potential to be temp to perm.
The job purpose for the role are:
- Ensure that all goods are delivered to the correct address
- Ensure all goods are delivered and stored in a correct manner
- Ensure that all goods are delivered on time, free of damage and in full
- Provide exceptional service to clients and customers
- Ensure that the vehicles are kept clean and free from damage
The main responsibilities for the role are:
- Complete a daily vehicle defect and ensure check sheet is returned to management before departing yard.
- Ensure all goods are checked for accuracy or damage during unloading or reloading of the vehicle.
- Report any shortages or damages to management at the point of dispatch or delivery
- Complete safety checks to ensure all stocks are secure before departing and during transit.
- Comply with any failed deliveries in accordance with procedures
- Ensure that any uplifts are return to the office and labelled correctly
- You must present a professional image to all our clients and customers
- Communicate with customers in a timely and appropriate manner
- Deliver all goods to customer’s room of choice
- Ensure you comply with all transport legislations (speed limits, parking, using mobile phones and domestic or drivers hour’s regulations)
- Ensure you follow and comply with client delivery process and onsite procedures.
- Comply with processes and procedures in line with Health & Safety regulations
- Ensure you promote open and honest communications
- Demonstrate the attitude and culture required to establish an environment of services with clients
- At times you may be required to perform 'drivers mate' duties
- Other requests made by management may be required
If you are interested in the role, you must hold the following:
- Full UK driving licence for appropriate to vehicle type
- Driver card
- Multi Drop experience
- Knowledge of Tachograph use and current EU legislation
- Good geographical knowledge
- Fluent written and verbal English
Please give us a call on to discuss the role further or please send in your CV