Mazars Accounts and Advisory Team
As Manager you will provide an outstanding quality of service to clients. The role includes the management and development of a portfolio of clients dealing with their year-end accounting work, simpler tax computations, management accounts, cash flows and business advisory aspects.
You will be a member of our management team and have responsibility for providing day to day support and supervision of more junior team members including the training and coaching of them as they develop their careers. , You will work alongside other managers to ensure our clients receive the best service, helping them to make better business decisions.
In your role you will be part of our national compliance business unit and so will work with other managers, partners and wider team members as part of the advancement of client service, quality or process enhancement.
You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of clients across a variety of sectors and liaise with our colleagues in other teams to provide a high quality service to our clients.
Client facing and relationship development
- Review of year-end limited company, partnership and sole trader accounts providing feedback on areas for performance improvement, process enhancement and wider business trends
- Review of VAT returns and corporation tax computations with identification of additional opportunities for clients
- Preparation of quality and timely periodic management accounts
- Preparation of financial forecasts and budgets working closely with clients
- Lead other ad-hoc advisory assignments
- Full client and financial responsibility for a portfolio of clients including being the main point of contact
- Working alongside partners on specific assignments and client development.
- To raise the profile of the firm in the regional market place by ensuring clients are fully satisfied by the service they receive
- Have commercial approach to billing and raise awareness of other services offered by Mazars
- Generate new business through referrals from existing clients
- Attend business development events
- Be willing to share creative BD ideas and work within a wider local Mazars team to assist in the development of local business network
- Be a positive role model for the team and demonstrate good leadership to inspire your team.
- Fully responsible for technical and wider team training and career development.
- Provide operational supervision and on-the-job support to junior team members
- Responsibility for the effective running of the team in terms of work sharing, process efficiency and technology.
- Contribute fully and be an active member of the national compliance team at Mazars working with colleagues across the UK to enhance our quality, services and processes for the benefit of clients.
- Qualified accountant with broad practical accounting experience (minimum 5 years in practice)
- Strong organisational and leadership skills
- Commitment to deliver on agreed actions and meet client expectations
- Willingness to challenge and support in order to make positive change
- Experience of and a passion for the management and development of a team
- Strong and demonstrable process and technology skills including preferably Xero, Sage, Caseware and Alphatax
- Strong business acumen and capacity to influence and convince
- Strong interpersonal and client handling skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Corporation tax knowledge preferred
- Full UK driving license desirable but not essential
What’s in it for you?
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing and developing Accounting & Advisory team within a large global accounting firm. Our recent growth provides a strong foundation for you to develop the next stage of your career. You will be given responsibility from the outset, working with a diverse range of clients to support their compliance and advisory needs.
You will be working as part of a team and you will have responsibility for team members and their career development. You will have a clear opportunity to help shape the development of the department working alongside the partner team both in terms of service offering but also process enhancement and technology.
Finally, although you will be based in one office you will be part of a national and global organisation gaining exposure to different skills, cultures and members of our global team.
At Mazars we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to our team and we ensure that we listen to you and play to your strengths. One example of this if our benefits package which allows you to personalise the range of benefits you choose to suit your needs.
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 77 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.