To provide a high quality service to the Accounting & Outsourcing department’s client base and ensure accurate and timely preparation of client management accounts and financial accounts.
To be part of a team of expert advisors who build bespoke solutions across a range of disciplines, according to client needs, from preparing annual statutory and management accounts to a more comprehensive fully bespoke solution such as providing on site client support.
To motivate, manage and also drive the development of the trainee and senior team to achieve the highest levels of performance and engagement.
This is a unique opportunity to join a business-focussed Accounting & Outsourcing team within a large global accounting firm, and a truly exciting opportunity to make your mark.
The clients will range from SME’s, Entrepreneurial and Private Client and Larger organisations based both in the UK and Internationally from a range of sectors including manufacturing, service industry, education sector and retail.
• To provide a high quality service to the Outsourcing department’s client base, including the provision of support in financial and management accounting
• To ensure accurate and timely preparation of client management accounts, cash flow statements or budgets
• To be part of a team of expert advisors who build bespoke solutions across a range of disciplines, according to client needs, from simply preparing annual statutory accounts to a more comprehensive fully bespoke payroll or taxation solution
• To assist the Outsourcing department in growing its client portfolio
• Working as part of the Outsourcing team to deliver high quality services to clients, within set timescales.
• Maintaining the accounting records and preparing management accounts for own portfolio of clients
• Communicating and dealing with clients and colleagues professionally and courteously.
• Mentoring, supervising and training colleagues at Trainee or Senior Level
• Leading the development of the junior team and developing a succession plan to ensure the correct team structure going forwards
• Assist in overseeing the terms and scope of any new business and preparation of proposal documents
• Liaising with other departments for specialist advice
• Building relationships with clients
• Engaging in business development activities
• To manage the outsourced finance function for subsidiaries of international parent companies
• Reporting in a timely and accurate manner to client queries
• Preparation of statutory accounts for clients, including consolidated accounts and consolidation workings
• Communicating effectively with our other service lines to increase cross-referred business
• Keeping Senior Manager/Director informed of case progress and any issues arising
• Raising the profile of the firm by ensuring clients are fully satisfied by the service and support they receive and that they are aware of all other services
• ACCA or ACA qualified with broad practical accounting & outsourcing experience
• Familiar with O2C (Order to cash), R2R (record to report) and P2P (purchase to pay) processes
• Experience in preparation of budgets, cash flow forecast and management accounts
• Used KPIs and dashboard/ scorecards
• Strong people management skills with a passion for developing others
• Strong organisational skills
• Significant experience of the preparation of management accountants and statutory accounts for a variety of businesses
• Relevant recent experience working in either practice or industry.
• Strong business acumen
• Strong interpersonal and client handling skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong numerical and IT skills
Beneficial to have experience of Xero but not essential
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence over 75 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.