• To ensure accurate and timely preparation of statutory financial statements and tax compliance for a range of UK and international clients.
• To provide high quality advice to clients on their year-end compliance process and work with other teams to deliver an excellent client experience.
• To be a reference point for members of the accounting and outsourcing team for technical queries with respect of accounting standards.
• To supervise and train junior members of the team to enable them to perform to the best of their ability and respond to client needs. Clients
The Sutton AOS department has a significant client base split across the subsidiaries of international groups and more locally based entrepreneurial businesses.. Strengths within the client base are in the retail, technology, real estate and hospitality and leisure sectors. We also have some exposure in the financial services sector.
Our clients are principally corporate entities or groups who are seeking high quality financial reporting solutions based on agreed reporting deadlines and schedules. In most cases we will also provide corporate tax advice and all clients expect a co-ordinated, proactive accounting and tax compliance service. Clients will also look to Mazars to provide guidance around tax mitigation as well as broader, commercial advice around strategic issues such as succession, growth, funding raising, and employee incentivisation.
A final stream of clients are those seeking the international coordination of global compliance services. These are often large multi-national groups who need a one stop shop for their compliance across a region or the globe.
The client base is of a high quality and we work closely with our colleagues in tax and payroll as well as external auditors to deliver solutions to clients. Job Role
• To manage a portfolio of clients and ensure the provision of the highest quality financial reporting solutions under the supervision of an engaging Partner and Senior Manager.
• Preparation of statutory accounts under both IFRS and UK GAAP, including preparation of consolidated accounts and consolidation workings.
• Capability to explain complex financial reporting concepts to clients and team members in a pragmatic and easy to access style
• Preparation of corporate tax compliance returns
• Reporting in a timely and accurate manner to clients on repeat and ad hoc areas.
• Work with other members of related service teams to provide holistic advice
• Mentoring, supervising and training junior staff in the team
• Building relationships with key clients as part of key account management.
• Keeping Senior Manager/Partners informed of job progress and any issues arising.
• Raising the profile of the firm by ensuring clients are fully satisfied by the service and support they receive and that they are aware of all other services.
• Supporting the growth of the department by helping structure and streamlines processes to the benefit of the wider National business.
• Communicating effectively with our offices in other countries to increase cross-referred business.
• Communicating and dealing with clients and colleagues professionally and courteously.Person Specification
• Qualified (or equivalent) accountant with extensive practical accounting & outsourcing experience
• Strong organisational skills
• Experienced in managing more juniors members of a team and developing their skills and capabilities.
• Significant experience of the preparation of UK statutory financial statements
• Experience of IFRS and the commercial application of IFRS.
• Demonstrable experience of consolidations and related accounting.
• Strong business acumen and capacity to influence and convince.
• Strong interpersonal and client handling skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong Excel numerical and IT skills
You will be:
• Committed to driving high quality and excellence in client service;
• Have the initiative and responsibility to lead client relationships;
• Have both an accounts and broad tax knowledge base;
• Experience in managing and engaging a team of people;
• Involved in the implementation of our global tools to secure and control projects
Desirable requirements though not essential
• Experience of Alphatax
• Experience of Caseware
• Language skills
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 77 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.