Audit Senior & Audit Semi-Senior (Top20 Accounting Firm)
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top20 Accounting Firm who are looking to strengthen their Auditing function and recruit a Qualified ACA/ACCA Audit Senior and a Part-Qualified Audit Semi-Senior for their Cheltenham offices. Reporting to one of the Audit Managers and working within a team of 15, you will be responsible for:
• Assisting with the Audit process of major clients (Private & Public PLCs) with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
• Basic preparation of working papers and drafts of company financial statements
• Producing client deliverables which include drafting basic sections of the report to management.
• Delivering your audit expertise across primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS), and related financial reporting matters
• Ensuring all Audit engagements are in compliance with auditing standards and internal procedures
• Maintaining an up to date understanding of client businesses and developing good working relationships with client staff
• Assisting with the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for Audit Manager or Partner review
• Identifying risk matters and raising them with a Manager and/or Partner whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
• Identifying and understanding client needs, suggesting potential solutions on technical matters and communicating these solutions with Managers
• As part of the team, helping to monitor progress against budget, and when actuals differ from the budget then gaining a full understanding for the Manager.
• Supervising and developing graduate-level members of staff within the Audit team on client premises and in the office.
To be considered for the roles you should be a part-qualified or Qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant with previous Audit experience of small and medium-sized corporate businesses, and ideally from either a Top100 or a well-established Regional Accountancy firm. You will have experience working in a team environment on multiple audit clients, building relationships with clients and internal management teams, and being able to prioritise and work to strict audit deadlines.
On offer is a salary to £29,000 for the PQ and £35,000 for the Qualified Audit Senior role depending on experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
Accountancy Firm Audit Audit Trail External Audit IFRS
£32,000 - £42,000 per annum
£30,000 - £36,000 per annum
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Sitka Recruitment Limited