Experienced Auto Electrician required in Ryton on Dunsmore for an exciting ongoing contract paying £22.27 per hour.
A successful and rapidly growing business who helps companies take advantage of emerging technologies, are looking for a number of qualified and skilled Auto Electricians to join their team in Ryton on Dunsmore.
The Auto Electricians will assist in the build and repair of vehicle electrical systems to the manufacturer’s agreed specification. Carrying out diagnostic investigations on reported vehicle defects using laptops, multi-meters and other test equipment to identify faults will also be required.
This is a varied position for the successful Auto Electricians which will draw on their working knowledge of modern automotive systems and electrical systems, circuit diagrams and components.
AUTO ELECTRICIAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Automotive electrical systems, circuit diagrams and components
- Working knowledge of modern Automotive systems, eg. Can bus, main component communication protocols etc.
- Basic mechanical engineering and use of hand tools, to enable fitment and removal of electrical components
- Diagnostic skills using in house I.T technology, Multi-meters and diagnostic test equipment
- Establish root cause of all electrical faults and ensure robust resolutions of all issues
- Conduct software download updates
- Repair of all identified electrical faults
- Dis-assembly and replacement of all electrical components, modules and harnesses
- Ability to follow written SoP’s, and to contribute to their origination and updating
- Ability to understand mechanical and electrical BoM’s; to be able to verify and update as required
- To manage stock of electrical components, and report stock levels frequently to ensure that the build programme is never at risk
- You will be expected to produce detailed but concise reports on your findings, and any countermeasures that you have had to implement.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Qualified to a minimum of City & Guilds OR NVQ Levels 1, 2 in Auto Electrics or equivalent
- Previous experience in an Auto Electrician role is essential
- Strong knowledge of automotive electrical systems, circuit diagrams and components
- Knowledge of any/all of the following diagnostic systems
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, Risk Assessment, COSSH and environmental procedures and processes
- An understanding of 5S, and LEAN principles
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as shifts and overtime may be required
- Must be able to work on own initiative without direct supervision
- Flexible attitude towards location as travel between sites may be required
- Over the age of 25 for insurance purposes
- FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE REQUIRED (6 points maximum)
Monday – Thursday: 7.30 – 4.30
Friday: 7.30 – 12.30
PAY: £22.27 per hour
Overtime may be required as per business needs paid at £25.61ph
For more information please apply with your CV