Position: Catering Manager (Staff Restaurant within a Large Distribution Depot)
Location: Daventry, NN6 7EA
Salary: Between £27,000 - £29,000 (depending on experience)
Our client is a leading multi-service provider in the Facilities Management sector.
Resulting from continued growth and a recent major contract win they are now looking to recruit a Catering Manager.
The objective of this role is to manage a catering team to provide day / day preparation and cooking of all food for a staff restaurant within a large retail Distribution Depot in Daventry, NN6 7EA.
The staff restaurant caters for over 800 staff, so our client is looking for someone who has experience of high volume catering in a staff restaurant or similar environment.
The Catering Manager will be overseeing a catering team of up to 25 staff.
You may be required to undertake any or all of the following: -
• Management and control for all food production in the unit.
• To consider all special dietary needs as required.
• Menus - competitions/planning & promotions.
• Orders - ordering of all supplies.
• Storage of goods - stock controls (weekly).
• Report all breakdown of equipment to responsible parties.
• To manage Team Members to provide the required service at an agreed level.
• Writes staff rotas and ensures adequate service provision.
• Staffing during periods of holiday and sickness.
• Provide support for all services including afternoons, nights and weekends as required.
• Adopt and follow best practise company standards.
• Holds daily shift meetings.
• Maintain a positive customer and client relationship through regular meetings, and at all times.
• Compliance of agreed customer satisfaction levels to be measured through customer surveys; undertaken twice a year.
• To be visible and available throughout service periods whilst on duty.
• To be aware of customer needs and adapt service to suit.
• Maintain the highest level of customer contact, keeping complaints to a minimum and ensuring these are dealt with professionally and promptly.
• To have complete ownership of the sales function of your unit.
• Run a monthly promotion as directed by your Operations Manager.
• To report any possible sales opportunities to Operations Manager or Sales Managers.
• To draw up a local sales plan to grow generic sales year on year.
• To promote secondary sales through development of Team Members.
Health & Safety:
• You are responsible for all Health and Safety issues within your unit.
• To maintain all company and legislative records as required by the company.
• Assess potential hazards and to take appropriate action to minimise the risk.
• To comply with all company and legislative regulations in relation to food production, premises and services.
• Delivery of agreed budgets to be managed on a weekly basis.
• Completion of all company bookwork in a timely and accurate manner.
• To ensure all goods and services are fully charged for.
• To monitor, collect and record all vending money.
• To bank all monies as agreed with Operations Manager.
• To be responsible for the security of unit money at all times.
• To maintain all company property in a secure manner.
• To control and account for all free issues.
• Help in the preparation of company budgets.
• All menus to be costed as per company standards.
• To appraise all unit Team Members on an agreed time scale.
• Maintenance of all local personnel records including absenteeism/ holidays/ training.
• Delivery of unit training plan.
• To recruit local Team Members as agreed with the Operations Manager.
• To be actively responsible for your own training and personal development.
• Regular client meetings.
• To attend Catering Managers meetings as required. To be punctual in attendance
• Comply with company dress standards
• Assist in the smooth running of the contract at all times especially during times of sickness and holiday.
• To demonstrate the company values of passionate, active, original and reputable in my day to day work.
Any other reasonable task as requested by your Operations Manager
This role is any 5 days from 7, 40 hours per week & will include varying shifts including weekends as required.
Candidates who have experience in a retail or similar staff restaurant environment or as a Chef Manager / Catering Manager would be ideal for this role.
An immediate start is available, ideal candidates will be available immediately or have a notice period of 4 weeks or less.
To apply for this role please submit your full CV to Jonathan Sweasey at PDA Search and Selection
Catering Chef Cooking Food Industry Management