Job Title: Cleaner/Maintenance Operative
Responsible to: Duty Manager
Job Purpose: To ensure the premises are maintained to a very high standard, and to carry out any other work requested by the Duty/Store Manager. To maintain the smooth running of the store.
- Clean and maintain all storage units, (internal and external units and areas) cleaning corridors, units, reception, kitchen, offices, toilet areas;
- Painting all floors and walls, cleaning windows, and ad hoc duties;
- Driving or riding to Head Office (Slough) and picking up company van and stock to bring back to branches in local area;
- Installing modular flooring materials in units upon demand for customers;
- Litter picking and ensuring cleanliness of external yard, perimeter fence and building(s) at all times;
- Maintaining the yard and building through planned maintenance programme;
- Checking and securing the Store and yard first thing each morning and before close each evening;
- Checking the health and safety of the building and yard regularly;
- Liaising with clients in a professional manner;
- Effectively completing daily check sheets and administration as required;
- Assisting Property Manager with any construction/project work;
- Operating the fork lift once certificated.
- Working across three local branches situated in North West London
- Working a day shift pattern to cover the opening hours of the store to include some weekend and bank holiday working;
- Full-time, 40 hours per week on a rota basis;
- Starting salary £23,405 pa (£10.29 per hour + £2000 London Weighting);
- Great bonus scheme;
- 28 days holiday, which includes Bank Holiday’s;
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Private medical insurance after qualifying period, and subject to eligibility.
- Staff discount on storage and retail products (30% discount on storage and 50% discount on retail packaging);
- Childcare vouchers scheme;
- Training and development programme;
- Perkbox - employee 'free perks’ scheme, which includes a free 'Tastecard’, phone insurance, and discounts on cinema, major supermarkets, and much more.
- Additional benefits after qualifying period, including : a day off and gift for your birthday, Christmas hamper, length of service award, medical insurance for your family and a generous maternity and paternity package.