For Part-time and term-time hours salary will be prorated.
Please note this post is temporary until 31 December 2018.
Based at Milngavie Primary School you will provide clerical & administrative support within the school. This role will be flexible and will include hours Monday – Friday at agreed times between 8.30 am - 4pm.
Duties will include the ability to use a range of IT platforms including Iproc, Itrent, Seemis as well as Microsoft programmes, tasks associated with the maintenance of all school records in relation to pupils and staff, telephone, reception and reprographics duties, distribution of school mail, dealing with pupil enquiries and attending to welfare needs of pupils. Many other duties are demanded of the post as required. A First Aid qualification would be preferable and knowledge of managing Emergency protocols would be advantageous.
You must have a proven track record of working within a school office environment or similar for a minimum of two years. Good communication & IT skills are essential. You should be able to work as part of a team and enjoy a variety of tasks within your remit. You should be able to demonstrate in your application that you can work in a demanding role that requires a range of skills to be simultaneously applied. Experience of working with children will advance your application. The role will include supervision of children on occasions, in school, playground and bus drop off/pick up.
This is a complex and demanding role. You will liaise closely with the Headteacher and the Administrative Assistant and will support this function to assist in the smooth operational running of the school. There will be a requirement to produce written reports and the collation of numerical data to support the schools, authority and national demands. You should be able to demonstrate effective skills in literacy and numeracy. You will have very effective planning and organisational skills.
If selected for interview you will be required to sit a short aptitude test in Word and Excel.PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
£17,500 per annum
Designer Contracts Ltd
£18,000 per annum
£16,000 - £17,500 per annum
£16,000 - £19,000 per annum