An excellent opportunity for an experienced Small Works / Contracts Manager to join a well established general building company based in Halesowen.
Small Works / Contracts Manager for the general building industry, responsible for and working closely with important customers, delivering multiple projects from concept to completion, in a variety of commercial environments throughout the Midlands.
- 5 years+ experience in a Small Works / Contract Management role with works value ranging from £2k - £70k.
- Experience handling multiple contracts with a turnover of up to £500K.
- Substantial proven experience in a construction, interior fit out, facility management, or critical environment.
- Excellent customer service and people skills.
- Work closely with important customers demonstrating excellent customer service.
- Identify and generate project opportunities from new and existing customers or sites.
- Undertake site surveys and produce detailed quotes, utilising experience, in house support and external suppliers.
- Successfully deliver projects from conception to completion, meeting targets and service levels.
- Manage our on site team, promoting excellence and good team spirit.
- Manage sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure they meet our own service levels, also negotiating rates and prices.
- Work within the current CDM process where required, within the role of principle contractor.
- Produce and appraise RAMS to make sure that they are suitable and sufficient.
- Liaise with the MD and works team to provide timely updates in an agreed format.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
- Full driving license.
- Recognised technical qualification in construction, M or E or similar.
- H&S qualification such as IOSH Managing Safely and/or SMSTS.
- Good ICT skills, Outlook, Excel, Word etc.
- Business standard of written and verbal literacy and numeracy.
- £35 - £45k depending on experience.
- Company car or allowance.
- Pension scheme.
- Health benefits.
- 28 days holiday