We're looking for an experienced chef to join a lovely care home in Bury. The home is a 30 bed unit offering professional residential care, in comfortable, homely environment for elderly residents with dementia.
You will be responsible for the preparation of nutritious meals for the residents. You'll need experience in a similar role and basic food hygiene certificate is essential.
* To provide adequate, attractive, nutritious meals for the residents according to the menu requirements
* To maintain the kitchen as a clean, tidy and safe working environment at all times
* To prepare and cook meals for residents
* To prepare and cook any special diets as required
* To assist serving meals
* To make any necessary preparations for the next day's meals
* To maintain and monitor all stock levels
* You'll need a basic food hygiene certificate and prior experience of working as a cook/chef
* You'll need an understanding of the nutritional needs of older people and will ideally have prior experience of food preparation for this client group.
* You'll have excellent communications skills and be able to work as part of a team, with some periods of unsupervised working.
Interested? To be considered for the Nurse position, please click apply to send your CV to us today.
For more information please don't hesitate to call.
We are acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this role.