Customer Service Advisor - Essential Banking
Working pattern: 35 hours per week, covering various shifts between Monday to Saturday
This is a Customer Service Advisor role with a difference, we call this position an Essential Banker, as it's about more than serving customers. It's about really understanding our communities and helping people with their everyday banking needs.
These customers want to talk to Advisors who genuinely understand their lives and finances. That's why our kind of people are people like our customers. People like you, who want to help others move forward in their lives.
If you have natural empathy and a genuinely helpful personality, this could be the perfect job for you - whether you already have banking experience or if you're new to our sector.
Everything we do at Barclays starts and ends with helping people move forward in their lives. From helping them move forward in the digital age through Digital Eagles, to getting them started in their first home with one of our mortgages. Whatever the future holds, we want to be there for our customers every step of the way. In a constantly changing, more complex and closely connected world, we're working together to help our customers tackle the challenges of today and prepare for the future. We believe in listening to and really understanding our customers so that we can give them the best possible help.
If you're looking for a career full of excitement, challenge, purpose and opportunity, we should be your first choice.
As Customer Service Advisor, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Listening to our customers, understanding their needs and providing innovative, tailored solutions to help them move forward
* Building and maintaining strong relationships with our customers, being their trusted 'Go-To' person whilst promoting the Banks products and services
* Developing and sharing your knowledge with colleagues, to continuously improve our customer experience
* Showing a caring, empathetic attitude towards colleagues and customers by displaying a positive and friendly manner
* Acting on client prompts to capture data, and making changes to accounts in line with agreed procedures across the service centre
As a Customer Service Advisor, your skills and qualifications will include:
* Excellent communication and influencing skills, and a collaborative, team-based approach to work
* A genuine desire to provide an excellent customer service every time
* Proven relationship management skills and the ability to build strong rapport in the first instance
* The confidence to make authoritative banking decisions that always put our customers first
* An excellent level of attention to detail
* Experience of creative problem solving, and the ability to take the initiative to permanently resolve potential issues
When you start, you will be taken through the London Institute of Banking & Finance (LiBF) endorsed induction training programme allowing you to be fully prepared for your new role as a Customer Service Advisor at Barclays.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003