The company is a leading global manufacturer of innovative and pioneering broadcast equipment delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
The company is a global technology company committed to servicing our customers worldwide. Our knowledgeable and experienced Customer Service team are ready to assist with all aspects of broadcast, satellite, telco and IPTV needs.
As the first and often the most frequent point of contact for our clients, you will have the greatest opportunity to influence the client's perception of the company.
This position is a challenging mix that combines technical know-how and customer service skills especially when traveling to our customer’s production studios and distribution facilities.
• Respond and provide technical direction to customers regarding operational issues, firmware upgrades and general maintenance.
• Assess the customer’s product application, troubleshoot and diagnose issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause.
• Recommend solutions utilizing various levels of technical language appropriate to the customer in a timely, clear and professional manner.
• Maintain a communication link between customer service and other departments by partnering to resolve customer issues and communicating customer feedback to aid in design changes including customer "feature requests" to product managers.
• Support the development of product communications by generating or authoring customer guides and provide the technical writing group with information including Pinouts, FAQ, Application notes, Best Practices and customer product or system configuration including product integration with other manufacturer’s products.
• Install products or systems at customer sites and deliver training to customers in-house or abroad.
• Direct experience with Server Hardware, Linux OS and Network infrastructure and setup is an asset
• Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Electronic Technician education required
• Unparalleled desire to help the customer and deliver service excellence
• Passion for technology and learning new software and hardware products
• Strong verbal and written communication skills Problem-solving ability and able to react to changing situations
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Must be eligible for international travel and be able to work alone with little or no supervision
Location: Reading, Berkshire,
Please Note: When applying for one of our vacancies, we will create a private application on our website so that the employer can view and respond to you. If you would like to update or remove your CV from our website, you can login and delete it at any time. We will send you login details when the application is made.
Customer Issues Network Infrastructure Direct experience Firmware Operational Issues
£8.72 per hour
£17,000 per annum
£8.88 per hour
Adecco UK Limited
£18,000 - £21,000 per annum, negotiable