Department Coordinator / PASalary up to £18,000 + Excellent benefits package
Peninsula are the leading provider of Employment Law and Health & Safety services in the UK. Peninsula have been established since 1983, and have over 30,000 businesses who have already integrated Peninsula to work as part of their HR and Health and Safety departments. With offices in Manchester, Hinckley, Glasgow, Belfast and Dublin. Peninsula employs 1000 people across the UK, Ireland, Canada and Australia.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic, motivated and hardworking Departmental Coordinator / PA to join our Employment Advice Department where the successful candidate will provide administrative support to the both the Head of Department and other Department Managers.
You will be adaptable to a variety of administrative tasks that relate to the department, including tasks with regards to client facing issues, project work, and Group HR. You will also assist the Employment Services Workforce Planning Team where required. You must have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail to ensure work is produced to a high standard.Main duties will include:
Skills & Experience Required:
- To devise and maintain office systems, including data management and filing.
- To collate reports in a format as requested.
- To assist with incoming calls when the Head and Assistant Heads of Employment Advice are unavailable.
- To produce documentation relating to project work, where required.
- To arrange travel and accommodation.
- To deal with incoming email and post, occasionally corresponding on behalf of the recipient.
- To delegate work in the absence of the Head of Employment Advice.
- To add information to the Employment Advice HR Case Management System for client information as required.
- To organise and maintain diaries and make appointments, including any print outs required for scheduled meetings and preparation of meeting agendas where required.
- To assist the Head of Employment Advice to ensure that work assigned by them to other individuals or departments is completed, i.e. follow up on delegated work in order to meet deadlines.
- To assist the Department with internal reporting e.g. reports for the monthly management meeting and Ops Team Reports.
- To assist the Department with meeting agendas and minutes.
- To assist the Executive Assistant to Group Operations Director with administrative work where required.
- Ability to think outside the box and work on your own initiative.
- High level of confidentiality, integrity and reliability.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
This is a particularly interesting and varied role working in a friendly and supportive team within a great company. Every day will be different, and your professional skills will be tested and stretched all the time. You will be helping people while at the same time working in a fast-growing environment that provides you with real opportunities for growth and advancement. If you are looking for a new challenge and looking to work in a growing team, apply now.