We are searching for a Director of Revenue Recognition to join an international technology business with turnover in excess of $2 billion.
Due to the nature of the role, full details can not be released, but we're very interested to hear from those who feel this Director of Revenue Recognition position could be right for them. We will contact those who we feel could be suited and explain further.
This is a key role in a fast growing, technology business.
Some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Oversight of the revenue and commissions processes, ensuring revenue and commissions are recognised and deferred in accordance with IFRS/US GAAP and the Company's accounting policies.
- Oversight of all aspects of day-to-day accounting and operations of order-to-cash and revenue cycle, from invoicing and collections to revenue recognition issues, deal review and analysis.
- Providing proactive accounting guidance.
- Oversight of accrued commissions and deferred commissions calculations
- Evaluation of the impact of IFRS 15/ASC 606 and lead the implementation of the new standard, including financial statement impact assessment and required disclosures.
- Act as a mentor to revenue team, ensuring their career growth and development
- Collaborate proactively with the sales organisation, sales operations team and legal department to ensure revenue transactions are recorded in accordance with company's revenue recognition policies.
- Develop, maintain and update internal controls documentation for revenue recognition and support audits of internal controls.
- Provide detailed revenue analysis to support FP&A, senior management and the business.
- Evaluate current revenue processes, accounting, systems and procedures to identify areas for additional efficiencies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified chartered accountant
- 6-10 years' of experience in a public company within revenue recognition, or technical accounting, role
- Experience with SaaS and software is distinct advantage.
As mentioned, additional details will be able to be released soon. Please apply as soon as possible if you feel you are suited so we have your details.
We will then be able to contact those we feel are suited.