The Localization Documentation Engineering team is looking for a hands-on manager with the right mix of technical and cross-functional leadership. The team is responsible for creating localization kits that translators and production designers use to produce localized content. The team is also responsible for localized content integration, build, and troubleshooting.
Key partners include the Apple Product Documentation organization, as well as the Localization Tools team. This role interacts with many different teams beyond those key partners, including but not limited to engineering and localization project managers, translation and production vendors, and QA teams around the world.
The candidate must have strong cross-functional influence skills and experience. This role demands strong technical leadership, the ability to solve complex problems, and a passion for improving tools.
•3-5 years experience in a professional programming position
•Knowledge of internationalization and localization, translation management systems
•Exceptional cross functional, verbal, and written communication skills
•Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
•A proven track record of successfully managing multiple complex projects concurrently
•Ability to deliver high quality work on aggressive schedules
•Passion for process and tools innovation
•Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
•Familiarity with JSON , CSS, XML, XLIFF file types, Perl, Python, UNIX, shell scripting, Regex
•Familiarity with version control systems such as Subversion or Git
Specific responsibilities will include
- Leadership and management of a team of talented documentation engineers in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Cross-functional coordination with key partners to ensure the tools and process needs of the documentation engineering team are communicated
- Bug tracking, troubleshooting and resolution
- Overseeing prioritization, creation, and maintenance of minor related scripts and automation developed by documentation engineers
- Communicating risks and priorities in order to deliver on time and high quality localized documentation
- Communicate project status to stakeholders
- Identify and manage schedule risks
- Identify gaps or inefficiencies in tools and process within and between teams and drive improvements
BS in CS/CE or equivalent experience
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
json css xml xliff