We are urgently looking for an experiencedEducation Administrator to join the Centre for Cell Biology & Cutaneous Research on a full time basis (35 hours per week), for 3 months initially with the possibility of an extension.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer admissions in liaison with academic selectors and the College Admissions team. Ensure systems are in place to deal effectively with enquiries and applications from both home and overseas students.
- Assist with Organising programmes of induction for new students, produce student handbooks, programme information and timetables, reviewing these annually and updating where necessary following feedback from members of staff and students.
- Assist with the organisation of Centre activity surrounding promotion of education activity (eg. Marketing events).
- Ensure that correct information is present on the postgraduate web pages on the School's website, the School's entries in the College Prospectus, etc.
- Implement and operate administrative systems to ensure that examination matters are dealt with effectively, particularly ensuring the processing of marks are handled efficiently with procedures designed to detect errors
- Ensure that the School's Exam Board works effectively, to support the Board's Chair, advising and drawing attention of the Chair to examination related issues.
- Record and maintain postgraduate student data on SITS, including admissions, progression and submission; design and maintain those student data not contained within SITS.
- Provide detailed statistical information for a range of purposes, e.g., Taught Programme operational data, HEFCE and other College returns.
- To be responsible for the day to day administrative management of the course budget including placing orders, dealing with expenses etc.
- To work with the Education Manager/Institute Management Team on all aspects of programme development and marketing, including the implementation of the Institute marketing strategy.
- To provide a range of statistics required by the School's senior team on an ad hoc and routine basis.
- To be proactive in the provision of support for educational activities within the School by using initiative, skill and judgement to identify problems and to improve service efficiency by altering existing administrative processes.
- Carry out responsibilities with due regard to the College's Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety Policies.
- Work as part of the Institute's administrative team, being mutually supportive and covering duties as necessary during colleagues' absences and at times of additional pressure, as directed.
- Produce regular financial forecasts, postgraduate research income and spend reports for Education Manager and Institute Management
- Provide advice and guidance to postgraduate students and academic staff on all matters relating to the admission, progression and examination of students and University, College and Research Council regulations and policies.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained (student and financial) for reporting to College and funding bodies.
- Ensure accuracy and confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Ensures systems are in place to deal effectively with enquires
- Use initiative and experience to develop, implement and revise administrative policies and procedures with regard to the requirements of the School, the College and funding bodies, to deliver an effective and efficient service to prospective and current students and academic staff, in liaison with management
- Exercise knowledge and judgement to identify issues that need to be brought to the attention of senior management in the School and College.
- Make recommendations for and assist with implementing changes to working practices and systems after discussion with management
- Work independently and prioritise workload to ensure delivery of an efficient service and to meet deadlines.
- Main point of contact for students and staff requiring advice or guidance on all postgraduate taught matters within the Centre for Immunobiology.
- Regular interaction with the Education Manager, Academic Staff and other staff as required. Attendance at relevant School Committees and Groups.
- Communicate regularly with Central QMUL departments (Admissions, Registry, Fees Office, Finance Office, Publications and Web Office, International Office, Student Support Office), as required.
- Interact with colleagues in similar roles in other departments to share ideas of best practice.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Meet with prospective students at College Open Evenings. Respond to telephone and email enquiries from prospective students. Communicate with external advertising bodies.
Experience / Skills
Education administration experience
Ability to prioritise workload,
Ability to use QMPlus (moodle) and SITS
Ability to work well under pressure
Good organisation skills
Experience of managing large, complex data sets
Experience of financial resources administration and preparing financial forecasts
Experience of postgraduate administration
Detailed knowledge and understanding of HE procedures, regulations and codes of practice, particularly relating to postgraduate taught and research programmes
Experience in the servicing of committees
High level of numeracy, written and verbal skills
Good IT skills, including proficiency in MS Office, email, spreadsheets, databases and web applications
Degree or equivalent