The Best Connection are seeking to appoint an Electrician on a permanent basis.
Working for one of the country’s most respected property design and management consultancies with offices throughout the UK. With a multi-disciplinary practice and expanding business offers exceptional career prospects and opportunities.
The purpose of the role:
The Electrician will be responsible for providing professional high quality and customer orientated electrical service to customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Carry out electrical repairs and installations to the current Institute of Electrical Engineers (IEE) wiring requirements (BS7671).
- The ability to work from detailed commercial electrical design drawings and circuit diagrams.
- Testing and inspection of commercial electrical installations to current IEE requirements and take appropriate remedial action where required.
- Work efficiently and effectively with a wide range of commercial electrical installations and specialist equipment such as fire alarms, emergency lighting and controls, etc.
- Ensure that all electrical test certificates and reports are completed to specification and signed by the appropriate person ready for submission to Client/Client Agent
- Carry out diagnostic fault finding on a wide range on installations and equipment.
- Assist with the planning of works and make appointments where no prearranged appointments have been made.
- Responsible for identifying new business opportunities.
- This role requires frequent travel to other offices and sites as required (buddy up system if no licence)
- This role requires a full driving licence (desirable)
- Carry out duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Promote continuous improvement and deliver demonstrable high quality products and services which embrace quality standards.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the Norse Way CSR strategy.
Qualifications and Skills
- City and Guilds Electrical Level 3 or Equivalent - Essential
- BS 7671 : 2008 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations - Essential
- City and Guilds 2391 Inspecting and Testing Certificate - Essential
- Holds a current site card or is prepared to immediately attain - Essential
- Experience in a similar or related role - Essential
- Commercial installation experience - Essential
- Ability to identify specific colours particular to electrical wiring - Essential
- Ability to work at heights and within confined spaces - Essential
- Familiar with relevant construction, Health and Safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos - Essential
- Experience in dealing with boiler panels and plant - Desirable
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits including generous remuneration, excellent working conditions, training and development as well as flexible working, 5% pension contribution and 25+ days holiday allowance.
What you need to do now :
If you think you’ve got all the right skills, apply with your most recent CV. Or call Brook on 0*1*1*4*2*7*5*8*1*8*1 and quote job reference 'electrician'.
We aim for our employees to be truly representative of our society and welcomes applications from all sections of our communities. We are wholly committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: up to £26,800.00 /year
- similar or relevant: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- City & Guilds 17th Edition