Engineering Administrator / PA
£8.00 - £10.00 DOE
18 - 24 hours per week - flexible working hours.
This is a busy and varied administration role involving aspects of purchasing and stock management.
The role requires someone to be hard-working and efficient to keep up with the fast-paced nature of the business. Ultimately, you will be providing administrative support to the engineering team - a team of seven engineers and the Engineering Manager.
In addition, you will be responsible for the engineering stock items ensuring that the figures on the CRM accurately reflect the physical inventory.
You will be the first point of contact for suppliers and be responsible for ordering machine spare parts for the engineers, so the successful candidate will need to be a confident communicator and customer service focused.
- Liaising with suppliers to order machine spare parts
- Using web portals to order parts
- Liaise with external contractors for building services work/repairs
- Identify and use correct codes on the CRM such as cost codes, product group codes, item group codes etc
- Arrange for repairs and service visits on the machines to be carried out on-site
- Renewing service contracts with suppliers
- Sending faulty parts to original suppliers to be refurbished, exchanged or returned
- Maintaining information regarding spare parts across multiple spreadsheets
- Actively look for competitive prices with alternate suppliers for departmental cost savings
- Receipt items which have been delivered
- Ordering the occasional parts for other departments within the business and ensuring that the correct costs are assigned to the correct departments
- Filing paperwork correctly to keep paper records of purchases and deliveries
- Chase outstanding orders from clients and updating the team on lead-times
- Updating details on the in-house system such as vendor details, part numbers for items, prices, etc
- Raising purchase quotes and purchase orders on the CRM system
- Assisting the finance department with invoicing
- Pack away deliveries into the stock room
- Weekly stock takes and stock adjustment
- Re-ordering stock items under the minimum stock quantity
- Maintain good working relationships for suppliers and keep up-to-date records of contacts from each company (update the CRM system when necessary)
- Ordering uniform and PPE for the team as and when needed
- Provide support to the engineering team and other departments as and when needed
- Good written and spoken communication skills with strong customer-service
- Confident in calculating basic maths in your head
- Ability to work well under pressure, always keeping calm and remaining professional
- An organised and focused individual
- A team-player with the ability to work autonomously
- Willing to help colleagues in your team (and other departments) during busy periods