We are in the market for an experienced Engineering Designer (Aftermarket) to join a company that operate within the Oil & Gas industry and who require an additional member to their team in Gateshead.
The company are a global leader in the design and manufacturing of Wireline Products, Pressure Performance Systems, and Well Intervention & Control Equipment product line applications.
As Engineering Designer you will provide engineering support to the manufacturing and aftermarket operations in refining product design in the production of valves, and flowline equipment and other specialty products. You will be required to complete models detail drawings for the purpose of quoting, designing and satisfying customer requirements and aftermarket activities acting as the expert for technical draughting matters on specific projects.
You will have a strong understanding of engineering design and manufacturing practices as they apply to the company's core products and technologies. This is a key position within the Engineering organisation and requires the ability to plan and execute on many levels, to provide cross-functional support and the right level of customer interface. You will contribute to a team of professionals comprised of Sustaining/Applications and Design Engineers who are engaged in value engineering activities and ongoing product improvements for all of PPS product lines. You should be keen to take on fresh challenges, develop your technical and interpersonal skills as well as expand your knowledge and experience through a variety of exciting projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce and check drawings, models, Bills of Materials and design
- Prepare engineering documents (such as drawings, Bills of Materials, technical illustrations, manuals, reports and calculations) and basic layouts for designs, or parts of design, ensuring they are completed within the required timescales
- Responsible for ensuring all deliverables are technically in accordance with client requirements
- Ensure timely and thorough review of client specifications and communication of findings
- Attend design review meetings ensuring commercial awareness
- To answer product line technical queries from within NOV and external sources
- Support internal checking and approvals procedures are adhered to
- Responsible for ensuring that document numbering and revision control procedure is conformed to
- Submit Technical Requisition documents for subcontracted or sub-vended engineering scope
- Preparation of Technical Requisitions for any 3rd party design review or verification
- Report any design changes which may have a cost or schedule impact to the relevant project personnel
- Ensure that client comments are reviewed and responded to in a technically acceptable fashion
- Ensure that any design changes which may have a cost or schedule impact to the relevant project personnel
- Ensure that Engineering Queries are investigated, resolved and documented in a technically acceptable fashion and undertake root cause analysis
- Responsible for the technical mentoring of subordinates
- Be fully aware of personal workload, prioritise and organise to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Ensure a high standard of professionalism is maintained and that customer care is foremost
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area and department
- Ensure personal compliance with all HSE legislation and HSE Company policy
- Responsible for the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes
- Be fully familiar and conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times
- Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
- Travel required as dictated by project needs and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.