The client are one of the UK's top 10 house builders with a regional office based in Warwick which covers developments throughout the Midlands.
They are currently looking for an Engineering Manager to work in their Technical department, reporting into the Technical Director and overseeing 3 Engineers. Candidates must have at least 3 years experience working in that role and must be based within an hour of Warwick. Due to the level of experience required the client have stated they would be looking to pay up to £50k + package.
Preparation of Viabilities
- Have the ability to interpret geo-technical reports and make recommendations
- Be capable of preparing initial site designs and constraints plans at an early stage
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process for procuring new utility proposals
- Fully understand the CDM regulations and demonstrate a working knowledge
Resolve engineering issues as part of a planning application
- Manage consultants in road, sewer, levels, cut and fill designs, to satisfy planning whilst maintaining the most competitive and practical solution
- Co-ordinate and manage external consultants to resolve any further engineering issues
- Co-ordinate and manage statutory bodies such as Highway Authorities, Water Companies & Environment Agency to resolve any engineering issues
- Work with the project team to add value and secure the best planning consent and engineering solution for the company.
Ensure compliance with building regulations and NHBC standards
- Manage consultants in the preparation of foundations and plot drainage
- Monitor and resolve any CML issues during the construction phase to ensure timely completion of plots
- Securing all technical approvals necessary for a competent site start
- Attend pre tender/pre start/site start/regular site meetings/client meetings/specification reviews and any other relevant meeting as required under the company's framework
- Undertake regular site visits
- Any other duties required
- Extensive experience of engineering issues gained within house building industry e.g. roads and sewers, foundations, land drainage, utilities etc.
- IT/Computer literate
- Engineering related qualification, degree or equivalent
- Part of a succesful engineering team
- A high level of proficiency in AutoCAD/PDS/Windes/Microdrainage
- Ability to undertake civil engineering design in-house and to manage and assess external designs
- Thorough understanding of technical and regulatory requirements
- Ability to interpret geotechnical and environmental reports and make suitable recommendations
- Demonstrate a track record of producing technical site appraisals
- Thorough knowledge of assessment of ground conditions for foundations and sub-structure design
- Thorough knowledge of remediation techniques and methodology
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise
- Track record of negotiating successful technical approvals
- Undertaking how to create value from design and the impact of the business of design changes
- Established relationships with key enablers in the engineering fields.
The client operate a 1st stage interview process with the Technical Director. If this opportunity is of interest please apply now.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.