Engineering Manager - Video & Broadcast Technology
The ONE Group have an exciting opportunity, for an Engineering Manager to join a market leading video technology based business in Cambridgeshire. The primary responsibility of this candidate, will be to oversee an entire software & hardware department, focusing on process optimisation, new product development & introduction, introducing and refining software & hardware processes to maximise efficiency and performance of the department.
* This role requires excellent leadership, management and people skills, coupled with a strong technical acumen, which should include a good understanding of Software and hardware development processes and technology (Scrum, Agile)
* Applicants need to have an excellent ability to deliver products on time and to an outstanding quality standard. We would like applicants to have the ability to gain a quick understanding of complex problems, along with superior problem solving skills, issue identification & analysis.
* You will be responsible for the performance of the entire team, ensuring successful delivery of projects, by managing the team to the best of their ability, whilst working with other restraints that would be expected with departmental management.
* This role will also have a commercial element, which will include customer interaction, supplier development and negotiation, hands on experience and approach to general engineering and project management, along with a track record of successful project delivery.
This company focus solely on the design, development and creation of cutting edge broadcast video technology. These applications are used widely on an international basis, in some of the most exciting industries. Based just outside of Cambridge, this company is consistently profitable & combines private ownership with the Cambridge High-tech finesse. You can expect a family feel environment, with an "achieve together" attitude, along with complete autonomy to steer the department.
Other Key Candidate Requirements
* A technical degree from a reputable university
* Strong record in project management and successful delivery
* Strong leadership and people skills
* Excellent persuasion skills
* Proven track record in a high-tech, departmental management role
* Understanding of software & hardware development processes
£23,000 - £25,000 per annum
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Red Rock Partnership Ltd
Redline Group Ltd
£22,000 - £25,000 per annum
£23,500 - £36,500 per annum, inc benefits