Job Title: ESOL Teacher 0.6 FTE
Pay rate: £14,631-£20,714
Hours: Part-time (22.2 hours per week of which 13.8 hrs per week is teaching)
Duration: Perm (Maternity Cover until June 2019)
Interviews: Monday 12th November 2018
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the Surrey area.
The college are looking for an outstanding ESOL Teacher to join them on a Permanent basis.
Staff and students of our client are once again continuing the successful trend of recent years and are currently celebrating an outstanding 100% pass rate at Level 3 with over 83% of students achieving high grades in their BTEC qualifications (equivalent to A* to B across 3 A Levels). The College is also celebrating its first set of A Level results for several years, demonstrating an amazing 100% pass rate.
- You will be teaching ESOL in a Further Education setting
- You will be working with students aged 16+
- Effective curriculum and lesson planning which meets individual needs is essential
- Preparation and delivery of lessons and courses; assessment, recording and reporting on assessments of students.
- Acting as group and personal tutor; delivery of tutorial programme; guidance to members of tutor group; supporting and participating in curriculum development; accurate maintenance of registers; preparation of tutor reports.
- Working as part of a team to quality assure qualification delivery and develop Schemes of Work and associated resources
- Consultation and reporting with parents and colleagues as needed.
- Attendance at staff, department, team meetings and parents’ consultation meetings.
- Participation in examination arrangements including invigilation.
- Participation in learner admissions, learner trips and visits, enrichment and guidance of learners.
What you will need
- A recognised teaching qualification
- Degree or equivalent in the related subject.
- Level 2 in Maths and English
- Experience delivering ESOL in a Further Education setting.
- Good classroom management
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business