Our Regional Property Department is looking for a Facilities Consultant to lead their team to manage the maintenance and upkeep of their existing portfolio of stores. They are looking for someone who can work efficiently and in a cost effective manner ensuring a good standard of operational functionality, appearance and legal compliance. This is an ideal position for a motivated, results driven individual who will enjoy the responsibility and diversity this role has to offer, from negotiations and people management, to compliance audits, budget management and cost controlling.
What will you do?
- Managing relationships with regional contractors for both planned preventative maintenance and reactive tasks from the initial tendering process and contracting, to ongoing performance management and benchmarking
- Managing the mobile Store Maintenance Operative team’s workload and deployment (weekly, monthly, annual planning) in addition to their KPIs, vehicles, tools etc.
- Monitoring and ensuring regional compliance with statutory safety regulations e.g. electrical PAT testing
- Carrying out thorough annual store inspections to monitor the condition and upkeep of our existing portfolio of stores
- Managing maintenance reporting, as well as ordering and invoicing procedures
- Controlling regional maintenance costs and budget planning relating to both store and 3rd party expenditure
What will you need?
- Degree educated, ideally with some previous project management or property experience
- PC literate with strong Microsoft Office skills
- An experienced individual with sound knowledge of Lidl store layouts and equipment
- A professional and refined negotiator with sound commercial acumen and judgment
- Highly organised with a pragmatic and analytical approach and an unwavering eye for detail
- A team player who is capable of performing tasks independently and to their own initiative
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- An excellent communicator who can communicate confidently with people at all levels of the business
- German language skills are advantageous but not essential
What do we offer?
- Starting from £40,000 with the ability to earn up to £50,750 (*dependent on experience)
- 10% London Weighting benefit (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent long-term career prospects