PART TIME FINANCE ASSISTANT/BOOKKEEPER
2 DAYS PER WEEK
This role is responsible for assisting in a broad range of accounting and finance activities working closely with and reporting directly to the Finance Manager, it has primary responsibility for day-to-day purchase ledger management, with processing support and assigned month-end tasks to include reconciliation work and journal preparation.
Manage Accounts Payable process liaising with suppliers and purchasing to ensure invoices are processed and paid promptly:
- Monitor and clear parked and blocked invoices in Access
- Work with all involved parties to resolve vendor queries and disputes
- Proactively review AP ledger and highlight issues for resolution
Assist in Accounts Receivable processes liaising with customers, credit control and customer services:
- Help resolve customer queries related to invoices and POs
Completion of assigned period-end tasks to tight monthly deadlines:
- General ledger and sub-ledger reconciliations (bank, car lease costs)
- Recurring and ad hoc journals preparation and posting
- Prepare and post accruals and prepayments journals, with responsibility for maintaining corresponding reconciled monthly schedules
- Responsible for printing month end reports for Sales, Purchase and Nominal Ledger and highlighting any discrepancies or inaccuracies
- Collection, chasing and processing of weekly Timesheets from Architects and Surveyors for Monthly invoicing
Work closely with Finance Manager to ensure that team deadlines are met, and all leave is adequately covered, assisting with ad hoc tasks and completion of month-end processes
Assist with Finance projects and continual improvement of processes and systems
Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position and raise questions or concerns when faced with related issues, applying integrity in all aspects of professional conduct
- Minimum of two years’ experience
SKILLS, ABAILITY & KNOWLEDGE
- AAT Qualification or strong experience of working as accounts payable or credit control
- Computer literate with intermediate Excel skills and ability to learn new systems and adapt
- Good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated experience of working to strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and levels of accuracy
- Ability to create, enhance and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to pro-actively plan and take ownership of own workload
- Ability to cope with change in a fast-paced environment
- Customer focused with an approachable personality and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Accurate, efficient and organised whilst under time pressure
- Self-motivated, with drive and perseverance to push things through to conclusion
- Flexible approach to working hours.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES Morgan Spencer Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
CONFIDENTIALITY: All applications are dealt with in strictest confidence and will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
Morgan Spencer Limited, registered in England & Wales No: 4254114
OUR MISSION: To be the leading Executive Secretarial & Support recruitment consultancy in London, for employers and jobseekers alike. To receive regular updates of our current vacancies why not set up job alerts.
Our REFER and be REWARDED scheme is about recognising and thanking you for telling your friends, family or colleagues about our services and how we could help them.