My client is one of the UK's leading financial protection insurers providing Income Protection, Critical Illness cover and Life Insurance. They are extremely well established and hold a large market share; and are currently working towards becoming the Employee Benefits provider of choice the UK.
Due to recent growth, they have created several new positions and are looking to appoint a Finance Manager to support the senior finance team whilst taking ownership of the creation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts; the provision of reports, analysis and commentary against monthly performance; the provision of other annual and ad hoc reports to ensure actual performance remains aligned with broader business strategy.
The position involves significant interaction with executives and senior management across all divisions of the company, as well as the Group expense management function.
This is a great opportunity to work for a UK subsidiary of a global organisation, who look after their employees, offer a great work-life balance, generous benefits, a professional challenge and fantastic career opportunities.
Key Accountabilities for the Finance Manager:
- Ledger maintenance: Plan, manage & control the team's monthly, quarterly and annual timetable to ensure that the general ledger is updated accurately and on a timely basis at all times, for all UK entities under all accounting bases. Liaise with the Head of Finance Systems to ensure Essbase and Hyperion mappings are proactively managed for all reporting on all bases
- Periodic close and Reconciliation: Plan, manage & control the monthly financial Statement close process, including the overseeing of the production of key reconciliations for both income statement and balance sheet, ensuring reconciling items are investigated and cleared on a timely basis
- Expectations Management: Ensure Senior Management and Exec team are informed at all times of progress against timetable, about potential issues, and proactively manage output delivery in conjunction with internal & external audit teams, Compliance and Company Secretarial team
- Report and analysis: Provide review and control of key reports and analysis to the Financial Reporting stakeholders on all accounting bases, as well as understanding and reconciling between bases
- Financial Statements & regulatory deliverables: Plan, manage and control the production of the financial statements, reporting accounts and external returns for each entity on a periodic basis to timetable
- Development: Plan, manage & control the team's resource issues, training and development needs, including your own. Ensure appropriate training & coaching plans are in place. Provide the team with strong leadership
- Process Review: Review all processes on a periodic basis to ensure maximum understanding and efficiencies. Challenge processes and look for continuous improvement in our processes and procedures
- Business engagement: maintain a dialogue with managers and others across the business including US Corporate Finance to ensure strong engagement on planning, forecasting and performance issues
- Value adding analysis: Develop analysis in response to business performance issues and support information requests - for planning/forecasting information and analysis
- Team supervision: provide leadership, guidance and supervision to team staff - develop staff and provide clear and direct performance management
- Wider contribution: contribute to the over all goals of the Finance Division through active participation in team and departmental meetings, and support internal initiatives
- Conduct Risk: Embed and contribute to the Conduct Risk Framework, wider Solvency II systems of governance principles, Treating Customers Fairly requirements and the Risk Management Framework as it applies to the role and divisional activities and drive improvements as required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Actively manage change in an increasingly moving regulatory and reporting environment.
- Plan and manage process simplification and re-engineering.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) is important to ensure that all interested parties are kept up to date with tax issues and technical change.
- Manage & maintain relationships with the US in terms of investment, reporting, tax and technical guidance.
- Effective stakeholder management and engagement
- The role holder will be expected to support their manager and colleagues and deputise in their absence.
- Appropriate technical updates for financial reporting and regulatory changes.
- On-going development of Leadership skills.
- Reporting & Tax updates on all bases including liaison with company auditors and US Technical Finance to ensure any changes to approaches are agreed
The ideal candidate will be:
- Ideally Financial Services experience, Insurance & US GAAP useful.
- Experience of managing small teams (preferable)
If this is an opportunity that you would be interest in please get in touch with me on or