An established client of ours in the logistics industry are looking to recruit a Finance Manager for their small finance function. In this role you will be responsible for :
• Management of the site finance team including leadership and development of a small team, appraising and objective setting
• Overseeing preparation and ensuring the accuracy of weekly internal reporting and monthly customer packs
• Ensuring all invoicing and transactions are carried out in a accurately and timely manner.
• Provide support during budgets
• Providing support to Commercial Manager and site General Manager with tenders
and new business and renewals
• Overseeing completion of Trading and monthly accounts, meeting all deadlines.
• Implement robust controls and processes in line with company requirements and
• The role will be required to develop strong relationships and present financial data in a confident and professional manner ensuring that value is tracked and profit opportunities are maximised.
Main responsibilities that you will have as Finance Manager will be to :
* Develop and enhance customer and supplier relationships at multiple levels.
Through site management teams ensure delivery of service level agreements and
KPI's to our customers through excellent operations
* Implementing robust start up controls and contract management
* Through the GM and Ops Director, ensure that employee resources are appropriate
for business needs, tackle performance issues, identify training needs and
* Ensure that business does not suffer from unexpected turnover - robust people
* Oversee and ensure accuracy of weekly Quicks (Flash reporting)
* Ensure effective process and controls are maintained at all levels of the business
and all deadlines are met.
* Provide site management and operations with proactive info and recommendations
* Oversee day to day processing of POs, invoices and payroll
* Continuous review and management of customer debt and cash allocation
* Monitoring annual spend moving through the operation
* Managing effective two way communication so all members of staff understand the
aims of the business and the part they play in its success.
* Co-ordination and collation of the trading results including forecasting. Period end
reporting and ensuring the Forecast / Quicks to Actual results are fully explainable
* Team building and development through succession planning
* Lead the OCM audit process for the contract
* Planning & management of Customer budgeting, forecasting and reporting
* Challenge & maximise performance of existing business, engaging
with contract management teams to deliver and monitor improvement plans
* Ensure compliance with statutory company policies, including regular
monitoring to ensure that a high profile of all of these key areas is maintained.
* Lead weekly financial review meetings internally and attendance at customer
* Delivery of profit and loss for the business unit, including cash flow management
and concise budgetary control
* Weekly review of financial performance align to project plans/forecasts
* Highlight areas to maximise efficiencies across multi site activities
Ideal candidates will have the following:
Educated to degree level
AAT Qualified or
Part Qualified or studying towards ACCA or CIMA qualification.
Previous Financial Management & Commercial experience (essential)
* Ability to work to tight deadlines
* Able to work on own initiative as well as to contribute constructively to a team
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to extract, analyse and present data in a clear logical way to provide to the
customer and non-finance staff - so advanced Excel is needed
* Proactive in finding more efficient solutions to current systems and procedures
to interpret and present financial and operational data
* Coach and mentor cross site/functional teams
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency