A Group Accounting Manager is required for a very fast growing private equity backed company. Established in the mid-1980's, they have grown particularly quickly (both organically and by acquisition) over the past five years to boast a turnover in excess of £500m – they now have a presence in almost 40 countries. The company is well backed and aims to continue their expansion via significant M&A activity; their aim is to build a world-leading business and this is a unique opportunity to join them in a role that will have a direct impact on this expansion.
The Group Accounting Manager reports to the Group Head of Financial Reporting and it is a newly created role. The main duties are below but there will also be a large amount of ad hoc work:
· Support planned acquisition activity by writing accounting papers on issues to include business combinations, associate & JV accounting, transactions with equity holders / non-controlling interests, debt issuance / instruments, cash flow hedging, share based payments, related parties, goodwill etc…
· Assist with IFRS 9, 15 & 16 implementation (directly or outsourced).
· Support aspects of the group consolidation at half and full year.
· Contribute to the production of Group Management & Annual Accounts.
· Maintain / develop process notes for monthly, quarterly & annual processes.
· A broad range of ad hoc analytical / accounting projects to support a growing company who intend to identify and complete several acquisitions.
The ideal candidate for the Group Accounting Manager will be a qualified ACA from a Big 4 firm who is either an experienced Senior Manager (or on track for promotion from Manager) or who has already moved into a technical / group reporting role in commerce. Applicants will have gained exposure to working with a range of complex clients and issues e.g. group consolidations, writing technical accounting papers, supporting M&A would all be of genuine benefit. The ideal candidate will also want to take on real responsibility, will enjoy problem solving, being resourceful and getting involved in a particularly wide range of tasks.
Significant progression is available as the candidate will have the benefit of working for a particularly technical strong manager who is passionate about nurturing and developing his staff.
Salary: £70000 - £85000 + 15% bonus + 10% pension + benefits.
iMPART encourages applicants from all ages and appointments will be made on merit alone. iMPART Recruitment operates as an employment agency and an employment business. Unfortunately, due to the high level of responses we receive, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.