Purpose of the role:
To help our client create and deliver a robust marketing strategy that will increase our lead generation and ultimately our sales performance.
The role is responsible for leading our marketing efforts, utilising multiple marketing methods to reach our student customer base. Driving the marketing team, the postholder will be responsible for the creation of new and seasonal campaigns and manage their day to day performance, analyse the results, identify new opportunities and seek to improve campaign performance. The Marketing Manager will have a strong focus on leading retention campaigns and create plans accordingly.
The postholder will work with the property teams to ensure campaign delivery is effective and be aware of local market advertising opportunities to increase occupancy. The Marketing Manager will need to be very aware of our online presence and manage the team to drive the best possible overall performance achieving our occupancy targets.
- To develop and manage marketing plans that will engage our customer base and drive traffic to our clients properties, implement said plan on time and to budget and track ROI on all activity.
- To support properties, drive sales, and support with customer experience.
- To manage external agencies regarding the preparation of first class marketing creative/print and ensure their delivery on time at property level. Supporting the property teams with clear communication packs on implementation.
- To manage all 3rd party agencies to develop better working solutions and drive down costs.
- To be accountable for campaign performance.
- To be responsible for managing the marketing budgets ensuring value for money, owning the property specific marketing plans and spend.
- To be accountable for all marketing literature and its implementation, protecting our brand identity at all times.
- To liaise with the property teams regarding local marketing activity and ensure they have all the tools required locally to drive lead generation.
- To be responsible for overall tracking of lead generation and ROI from all marketing activity, research new ways to target demographic.
- To track target demographic and behaviour to ensure you are targeting activity effectively.
- To drive key marketing questions and present results on a regular basis, questioning such as, how did the individual come to find us? Why did they book with us? Create activity to respond.
- To devise and implement strong customer surveys, track and present results.
- To keep abreast of current trends in the student accommodation market and relevant competitors and upgrade or enhance the website and marketing activity accordingly.
- To manage and understand all digital performance through the team.
- To write and deliver engaging and effective online content, with USP’s and competitor detail in mind.
- To provide creative input for all campaign requirements.
- To drive leads/sales through continued campaign optimization.
- To maintain a commercial awareness and understand the market place.
- To develop and proactively undertake projects to showcase the brand and its assets, such as display marketing campaigns, remarketing and retargeting.
- To manage our social media activity and work with student properties to ensure we are delivering engaging material.
- To maximise profitability across the portfolio by developing strategies to achieve KPI targets
- To ensure line management of direct reports and hold overall accountability for the performance of these roles.
- To ensure deadlines are met and budgets managed efficiently ensuring value for money.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times and in all matters, adhering to Data Protection and the General Data protection regulations.
- To ensure that equality and diversity applies at all times within the role and to actively promote this within the role.
- To work closely with the Sales and Operations Director and team members, ensuring that lines of communication remain open and that important information is relayed in a timely efficient manner.
- To comply with Health and Safety working practices at all times.
In order for our client to work effectively, you may be required to assist with other areas of work and therefore, you should be prepared to undertake other duties appropriate to the post, as delegated by your line manager.