New opportunity to lead the retail finance team for the UK & Ireland
- New role created to lead and develop a team of financial professionals focused on supporting our retail estate.
- Business partnering with the Operations Director for UK&I
- Lead the insight and challenge into drivers of UK&I Operations financial performance.
We’re incredibly proud to be the nation’s favourite coffee shop brand* Now, as we’re expanding into new countries across the globe, we have even greater ambitions. We want to inspire the World to love great coffee! Showcasing our coffee credentials and putting our people at the front and centre of our business.
A bit about the role
As the Costa Coffee business continues to expand, this is a new Head of Finance role created to further support our UK & Ireland stores to deliver the best experience possible for our customers.
Key Responsibilities will be:
- Provide insight and challenge into drivers of UK&I Operations financial performance, ensuring P&L sales and profit performance are optimised.
- Partner with the retail senior leadership, driving growth, maximising sales and profitability.
- Motivating, inspiring and coaching a team of 4 finance professionals.
- Design and build timely, insightful labour reporting.
- Deliver best in class FP&A for Operations cost lines, supporting the UK&I Head of FP&A & UK&I FD
- Take a leadership role in the delivery of the Operations UK&I efficiency targets
Who we are looking for
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification.
- Strong commercial acumen gained in a multi-site retail or hospitality environment - this is essential
- Able to demonstrate moving a finance function from delivering reporting to leading insight and decision making
- Commercial thinker with strong strategic ability when it comes to the ‘numbers’ and the overall direction and strategy of the business
- Proven ability to coach, lead and develop a team
- Successful experience of instilling a culture of efficiency and optimising processes and ways of working within own team and wider business
- Needs to enjoy and flourish in the matrix nature of this reporting structure. Enjoys connecting people, influencing them and working effectively with multiple stakeholders to bring people on the journey.
So bring us your unique blend, together with ambition and experience and in return we’ll give you a competitive salary, up to 40% annual bonus, car/car allowance, family private health and plenty of benefits and more coffee than you could dream of to enjoy in a supportive environment.
*Independent survey of 5000 people published in December 2017 by Allegra Strategies. For further details see