JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
As a Network Engineer - Wireless you will be part of the Global Network Services (GNS) team which supports one of the largest enterprise networks spanning over 56 countries on a global basis, with over 2 million data network ports, 40,000 network devices, and 8 billion voice minutes per year. The Global Network Services (GNS) team is responsible for delivering value added services and projects to meet business demand for the firm's Global Data Network in partnership with our line of business partners and peer technology organizations.
As a Network Engineer in the Wireless (Wi-Fi) Networking position you will work with a team of engineers and developers to evaluate and deliver global enterprise network solutions, with focus on the engineering, delivery, implementation, performance, support, and lifecycle management of Wireless (Wi-Fi), LAN/WAN campus, and data center networking, network security and IP services, and network automation communications and management. You must possess a high-level of technical expertise, have strong organizational skills and be able to work with engineering, project management, infrastructure development, and support teams and resources to drive business projects to completion. In addition you will utilize your extensive experience for planning, analysis, and process coordination and implementation. This position will be responsible for remote execution of network solutions, network service changes, and coordination of remote resources (technical and project staff, vendors, and contractors) to accomplish business requirements. A successful candidate will have previously designed and implemented complex network solutions for Wireless (Wi-Fi and other) specifically, and including LAN/WAN, Security, and optimization of networks for mobile data devices and application services in large global enterprise environments.
Strong interpersonal skills are important. This position requires an understanding of the networking needs of the organization as a whole and be able to present technical solutions to senior team members in infrastructure engineering and infrastructure development roles.
This position will require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
Your Responsibilities as a Network Engineer in the Wireless (Wi-Fi) Networking group will include but are not limited to the following:
Works with Business and Technical partners to gather requirements and develop solutions for non-standard products.
Design, implementation and execution of complex network hardware and software configurations.
Collect and analyze data related to the production network infrastructure.
Develop repeatable processes for execution of common functions for execution by overall team on a global scale.
Identify opportunities and methods for automating network infrastructure delivery, operation, and support processes.
Be apprised of and recommend the implementation of new network technologies to improve stability, supportability, and performance within the network.
Engineer new configurations and review with senior team members prior to implementation.
Interact with global engineering, implementation and support teams during project turnover to ensure adherence to standards compliance.
Coordinates activities with clients, implementation and operations personnel.
Serve as tier4 escalation support and proactively identify and provide solutions for operational efficiencies.
Evening/weekend work may be required based on project demand. To be successful in this role you’ll need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in the design, operation, and management of large scale wireless/mobility/data networks.
- You will have previously designed and implemented solutions for LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi and security in large global enterprise environments.
- Comprehensive professional experience working in large scale enterprise or carrier network environments.
- Proven knowledge of the following: Radio Frequency (R/F), Wireless Controllers, Wireless Access Points, Wireless/Mobile Device Configurations, Routers, Ethernet switches, Firewalls, Internet appliances, Wireless Network Planning tools, Network Management tools, business applications, network data analysis, API methods and tools, systems management automation methods.
- A strong understanding of core networking technologies that include: TCP/IP routing protocols, MPLS, NAT, BGP4, IGP, DNS, firewall policies, geo-load balancing, proxy and cache Servers, VPN technologies, layer 4-7 switching, Security, QoS, IP Telephony, Wi-Fi, Cellular, Network Management and Monitoring Software.
- Strong knowledge of available network operating systems, wired and wireless network equipment and networking protocols is essential.
- Demonstrate the interest and ability to review, recommend, prepare, implement and streamline processes/procedures for executing data network projects on a global scale consisting of over 10,000+ devices.
- Basic familiarity and working knowledge in programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Shell, Awk, SQL, PHP, Python, or Perl is desired to collaborate with senior and peer associates in the definition, implementation and support of infrastructure automation tools, communications, and processes.