Join an existing team of iOS developers - as well as back end services, web, Android, devops, etc. - in further feature enhancements, bug fixes, automated testing activities, etc. for our iOS application that is used by thousands of people daily. It's a media application using FairPlay streaming and offline playback for both video and audio content. The app also supports ebooks and comic books, so there is no shortage of exciting things to work on.
Skills & Requirements
- Must have solid Swift programming skills. This is not an entry level position.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Must have experience with FairPlay video and audio content, both streaming and offline.
- Must have experience interacting with REST web services, as well as managing state while offline and synchronizing state once online again.
- Must have excellent user experience design skills. This is not an in-house app - we care deeply that the user experience is functional, beautiful, and "feels like coasting downhill" instead of "fighting your way uphill", to quote Gruber.
- Must be comfortable and productive working remotely with a large team scattered across four time zones
- Core Data experience highly desired.
- Epub3 content rendering experience highly desired.
- Automated user testing apparatus experience highly desired.
- Must be a United States citizen and located in the United States.
THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS AND DEVELOPMENT FIRMS, PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION.