IT Security Engineer with Java DevOps and Cloud AWS skills required for major banking industry name.
The IT Security Engineer will carry out the following :
- Act as the subject matter expert for securing application development across a range of platforms (iOS, Android, Cloud Infrastructure).
- Conduct rapid risk assessments as part of the development lifecycle to consider control implementation during development.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of a DevOps Pipeline (including technologies such as Code Repositories, CI, Containers, Orchestration platforms)
- Develop the protection mechanisms inherent in native cloud environments, particularly AWS (e.g. CloudTrail, GuardDuty, IAM rules, virtual network setup)
- Ensure that API integration is conducted in a secure manner
- Develop Security test cases to implement into CI tooling.
- Monitor and test the development and production environment through a range of Static, dynamic and semi-automated vulnerability or penetration testing.
- Ensure security stories are fed into the backlog and developed as part of sprints.
- Apply the OWASP ASVS standards
The IT Security Engineer will have the following skills & knowledge :
- Expertise in IT security threats and control strategies, particularly within a mobile and cloud-based environment.
- You wish to remain at the forefront of technology and strive to remain current.
- You can make pragmatic decisions surrounding security controls and can defend your logic when tested.
- You have a passion for working as part of a team to develop a product from scratch
- You have worked effectively in an agile DevSecOps environment
- Experience within FinTech or start-up environments are beneficial but not a must
- AWS Certifications (Developer, Architect
- Java/Swift development experience
For more information please contact Neil Morgan at McGregor Boyall.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.