Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full time employee to provide support to the University’s client server environment through research, testing and evaluating computer security products and procedures to provide the campus with a reliable and secure computing environment. This position holds responsibility for defining, coordinating and monitoring the Information Security environment and investigating suspected violations of Information Security policies.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Considerable knowledge of common elements of security architecture such as firewalls, intrusion prevention, and monitoring products.
- Considerable systems administration skills in multiple operating systems and applications, to include Windows, MacOS and Linux environments.
- Considerable knowledge of how to apply network, host and application based access control policies.
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency in code/script development.
- Working knowledge of common enterprise technologies such as Active Directory and virtualization.
- Working knowledge of common network protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to interact with members of the University community across multiple departments and teams to conduct network security monitoring and incident response.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Considerable experience with the administration of security products and tools.
- Considerable experience in developing against web APIs such as REST and SOAP.
- Some experience with incident response procedures and forensic techniques.
- Some knowledge of vulnerability assessment tools and management practices.
- Certification in information security such as the CISSP, GSEC, CASP, or OCSP.
- Certification in system or network administration such as RHCSA, MSCA, or CCNA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related disciplines or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Position opens October 1, 2018. To review required knowledge, skills and abilities for this position and to submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/8702. AA/EOE