Position: Laboratory Technician
Location: Newport (Wales)
Shift Pattern: 7 days on 2 days off, 7 days on 2 days off, 7 days on 10 days off
Customer: Exxon Mobil
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 27th February 2018
For the role of Laboratory Technician you will be responsible for ensuring that you carry out product testing to AES TPE test methods and carries out other tasks to support process operations. Exxon Mobil Newport manufactures Santoprene Thermoplastic Vulcanizates, a range of high performance elastomers. The Laboratory Technician is responsible for testing inbound raw materials and the manufactured product to a prescribed testing regime.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* To demonstrate Safe Behaviours to support the prevention of accidents and injuries, supporting the shift safety team activity.
* To actively participate in the Exxon Loss Prevention System, assessing risk and demonstrating safe behaviours in all aspect of the role
* Ensure sampling and testing is carried out according to QP&G system requirements
* Compliance with Product Representation and DIAF ( Data Integrity Assurance Framework ) requirements
* Complete Safety Checks in accordance with the Shift Duties Matrix
* Maintain good housekeeping within the laboratory
* Complete routine calibration checks of laboratory testing equipment in accordance with the shift duties matrix
* Test AES product in compliance with AES TPE and site methods
* Receive and release raw material deliveries, including offloading permit process
* Ensure retained samples and test records are correctly stored
* Release product within Sample Manager system
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Previous Physical testing / Laboratory systems experience within a ISO17025 or ISO guide 25 Laboratory is desirable
* Basic education in Maths, English and Science
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL:
£8.00 - £13.50 per hour
Contract Personnel Limited
£9.00 - £11.00 per hour
£10.00 - £14.00 per hour
£10.00 - £14.00 per hour
£11.00 - £14.00 per hour