We have a full time position available within the Endoscopy Department.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an excellent team within a large expanding Endoscopy Service.
We are looking for an experienced enthusiastic healthcare support worker who is interested in becoming Endoscopy Assistant. You would be expected to complete a competency based training programme and would be given full support to do so.
The applicant must have excellent communication and organisational skills. You must be reliable and possess a calm friendly manner and be able to work as part of a busy team. The department is open 7 days. You must have basic educational qualification i.e. English, maths to standard grade level or equivalent.
If you can meet the following criteria then we want to hear from you.
It is essential that you have
- Previous hospital based experience in wards or outpatient clinics. In which you will have gained good basic nursing skills and have managed own work load. It would also be advantageous if you have extra skills such as i.e. taking observations, BMs, cannulation and venepuncture and been part of the admission process.
- A positive attitude and ability to rise to a challenge
- Willingness to undertake training programme with support
- The ability to be adaptable and work flexibly to meet the service needs
- To work in a fast paced environment and work well within a busy team
- Following our training programme we would expect you to become an Endoscopy assistant, assisting in basic endoscopy procedures.
- The moving and handling of patients
- The transportation of patients on bed/trolleys within the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary site
- General house keeping duties
- Organisation and care of equipment
If you think that you are up for the challenge then we want to hear from you. For further information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact SCN Beattie
To obtain a copy of the job description and person specification please click on the following link - LS20302 - SHCSW.doc
To closing date for applications is Wednesday 6 June 2018.