Location: Middle East, based in Bahrain. (Must be willing to work in Kabul, Afghanistan and Erbil, Iraq should the requirement arise).
The Electrician must be of a Technical status and have:
- Must hold NVQ level 3 or equivalent or higher qualifications in an appropriate discipline.
- Must have experience in working with High Voltage Electrical systems.
- 3 years relevant post qualification experience.
- 17th Edition BS 7671
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of UK health and safety legislation and an ability to carry out risk assessments and propose actions for risk control/management.
- Must be confident to make decisions under pressure.
- City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and testing
- Clean Driving License
- Ideally hold AP Electrical (High and Low Voltage)
- Be familiar with NATO, ICAO and ISO terminology.
- Have experience in working in line with JSP375.
- Experience of working on operations in austere remote sites or in developing nations.
- The principal duties of the Electrician will be the undertaking of inspection, maintenance, repair and installation of electrical installations and fire alarm systems in theatre.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of codes of practice, British Standards and good working practice.
- Capable of working unsupervised operating within a management structure.
- Be assessed and appointed as a high voltage and Low Voltage AP across locations as requested.
- Supervision of Foreign Nationals (FN’s) and locally employed civilians ensuring all tasks carried out comply with current 17th Edition BS 7671.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, KBR Health and Safety policies, and the Electricity at Work regulations.
- Filling out PPM reports, logbooks, response maintenance reports and all paperwork relating to associated tasks such as risk assessments and material requests.
- Investigate faults and problems and advise on all engineering and related matters
- To prepare estimates and/or purchase requests for maintenance, repair and new works of Electrical Plant and infrastructure
- Ensuring satisfactory commissioning of all new electrical engineering services
- Participate in an emergency call out service to meet the operational needs of the Client
- Undertake such other duties deemed necessary to supplement or balance the support services provided
- Any other duties as directed