H9 Technical are currently recruiting a Maintenance Engineer for a major manufacturing business in Deeside, North Wales.
As the maintenance team-member you will be expected to operate on site with time-critical repairs and carry out preventative or emergency maintenance for Rivets manufacturing.
This will include maintaining CNC, Lathe, and milling equipment to name a few.
- Perform planned and reactive maintenance on plant and facilities. The type of machinery that you would be involved in maintaining are Cold forge machines, heat treatment furnaces, sorting and collation machines, and grit blast machinery.
- Ensure all maintenance tasks performed are logged, their status up-dated and outcomes recorded and reported as per IATF16949
- Perform maintenance activities with proper regard to the environment/H&S.
- Diagnose mechanical faults, make recommendations and undertake repairs.
- Provide engineering support to process improvement activities, as and when requested by the Maintenance Team Supervisor.
- Provide breakdown maintenance support outside of normal working hours as required/call out rota and possible shift work may become necessary.
- Perform repairs using welding and fabrication equipment as and when necessary
- Support production with continuous improvement and Kaizen improvements
- Support and mentor any apprentices and work experience candidates that will be working within your department
- Time served within an engineering discipline with a minimum of an ONC, BTEC National, City & Guilds or NVQ level 3 in Mechanical Engineering is essential.
- A good working knowledge and experience using or maintaining CNC machinery, and fitting skills is required to fulfil this role; including turning, milling, surface grinding, fabrication and welding.
- Good working knowledge of engineering drawings, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and experience with electrical systems is advantageous.
- Previous experience working within a maintenance department in mechanical engineering support function.
- Qualified for the use of fork lift truck/MEWPS would also be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methods
Please respond to this advert ASAP and we will be in touch to discuss the role with you in more detail if your profile is suitable.
A highly competitive salary and benefits package is on offer for the right candidate.