Shift Maintenance role working on 4 on 4 off, continental shifts. Multi-skilled, mechanical bias with a leading UK industrial service provider.
Our client is a UK leading industrial services provider, with a site based in Kendal.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
To provide effective engineering support in terms of planned maintenance, breakdown repairs and remedial works to site equipment and buildings.
We take pride in doing what we're best at, delivering unsurpassed levels of service, so our customers can do what they're best at.
Determination - Caring - Empowerment - Teamwork
- To ensure the Company's disciplines, rules and standards are maintained.
- Ensure the company assets are maintained to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Excellent communication between Production staff and co-workers.
- Maintain knowledge of all spare parts on site for plant.
- To work within the procedures and standards as determined by the company's written standards.
- Undertake planned maintenance tasks as instructed to the relevant engineering and safety standards.
- Undertake repairs to equipment in a safe and timely manner.
- Undertake remedial engineering works to equipment or site as instructed by the Engineering Manager.
- To ensure any risks of safety or failure of equipment or site are communicated to the Manager.
- All activities are carried out in accordance with the Site Health and Safety instructions and the SSG Health and Safety manual, as well as in accordance with relevant engineering standards.
- To report any incidents, accidents and near misses in accordance with Health and Safety Policies.
- To ensure that equipment provided for the protection of health and safety is maintained and used appropriately, and in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To ensure that safe systems of work and best practice procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and staff and work as part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions
- Flexible and able to react quickly to the needs of the business
- Problem solving/analytical ability
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours, possibly including night shift
- Must possess a recognised qualification relevant to the role (e.g. mechanical or electrical C&G)
- Skilled in both Electrical and Mechanical trades - mechanical bias.
- Preferred knowledge of other engineering disciplines including pneumatics, hydraulics, steam systems
£30,000 to £32,000 plus benefits