Balfour Beatty Investments has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join our investments team to work in Kettering and Derby Office.
Provide technical advice to Customer Service department and perform minor joinery and decorative work in occupied residences.
What you'll be doing
As a Customer Service Technician, you key responsibilities/duties will be as followed:
- Represent the business in dealing with after-sales customers on development sites.
- Communicate as required with customers to ascertain nature and validity of reported defects.
- Observe and document reported defects and recommend suggested remedial actions to Customer Service Coordinators.
- Oversee defect completion by third party contractors for quality control oversight.
- Self perform minor carpentry, painting and finish work to resolve reported defects, per employee capabilities.
- Obtain necessary close-out paperwork from client for plot file.
- Coordinate with Customer Service Manager to allow timely and accurate record keeping and work order administration with 3rd party contractors as appropriate.
- Coordinate with Customer Service Manager to provide information from the field to support scoping, communication and statusing of defects with clients and 3rd party contractors.
Who we're looking for
Personal characteristics and profile will be as followed:
- An experienced tradesman having worked in the house building industry.
- Strong focus on achieving high levels of customer satisfaction, within required timeframes.
- Detail and quality oriented construction professional.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret drawings and create sketches and communicate graphically.
- Strong technical knowledge of residential building requirements and standard practices.
- Knowledge of current NHBC regulations.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate trades on multiple sites.
- Ability to manage time and schedule between multiple construction sites.
- Good administration skills.