Our client is URGENTLY seeking a dynamic and experienced Materials Manager who will continue to define, develop and implement enhancements to support their growth.
Reporting directly to the General Manager of Operations and working in a department responsible for the design, development and global supply of products.
This is a new opportunity for a Material Manager to join this professional, dynamic team to support the delivery of business objectives through the development and implementation of excellent quality practices.
This Materials Manager role will encompass responsibility for all Planning, Supply Chain and Logistics activities across the Business Unit including;
- Ensure company safety policy is adhered to in your area of responsibility
- Drive SQDCPE & policy and strategy development for materials supply improvements
- Maintain a high level of availability in line with business objectives
- Publish & manage the meeting of inventory forecast and targets
- Manage 3rd party logistics services & drive Continuous Improvement
- Set, maintain & improve Business KPI's relating to the Materials Department
- Manage annual budgets for Materials Department
- Manage material planning and expediting
- Continuous improvement of perpetual inventory and bar coding systems
- Control daily production plans
Has the ability to communicate at all levels
Extensive knowledge of lean principles such as Kanban control
The ability to manage and control product flows and inventory
The ability to further strengthen relationships with our nominated logistics partner (DHL) and identify opportunities to deliver future savings
Working knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel including pivot tables, Power-point)
Extensive understanding of managing supplier schedules using SAP
The role will require a high level of flexibility and occasional travel overseas.
COMPETATIVE SALARY, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes and 33 days annual leave.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser
Logistics Supply Chain Planning
£8.00 - £8.50 per hour, inc benefits
£23,000 - £26,000 per annum
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Marstep Resourcing Solutions
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum