Maths Graduate Teaching Assistant – Colchester
Can you still remember your favourite Maths Teacher at school? Did they play a big part in why you went on to study Maths at University?
Did they manage to make Maths interesting, engaging and relevant? Did they bring Maths lessons to life?
If you have recently completed your Maths degree and you now want to go on to inspire and motivate others, then a career as a Maths Teacher could be the perfect fit for you!
If you feel that your personality is well suited to the teaching profession, then now is the time to speak with Edustaff about how to secure a suitable school-based role for this academic year.
Edustaff specialise in successfully mentoring, supporting and advising graduates on how to gain employment within the education sector. In that time, we have launched the teaching careers of over 3,000 Graduates! Could you be the next?
If you want to apply for Maths Teacher Training in the future but feel you would benefit from a year of experience working within a Maths Department first, a Maths Teaching Assistant role is the ideal role to take on.
What will you be doing as a Maths Teaching Assistant?
- Working from September 2018 through until July 2019 within the Maths department of a Secondary School in Colchester.
- Working within a sociable, friendly and welcoming school which loves to home-grow their own teaching staff.
- Tutoring and supporting small groups of students to raise their attainment levels within Maths lessons.
- Putting your own twist on how to deliver activities and fully engage students.
- Helping other Maths Teachers with planning their lessons.
- Providing additional support during extra-curricular clubs.
- Observing how Maths Teachers at the school differentiate their lessons and manage behaviour effectively.
- Building up vital classroom experience to support your teacher training applications
- Being paid £60-£65 per day for the duration of the year placement.
What are we looking for?
- A Maths Graduate with a passion for the subject area and the required enthusiasm to pass this passion on to others.
- A confident and personable Maths Graduate who is considering a career as a Maths Teacher
- Good academics (ideally 2:1 and above in a Maths related degree)
- An enthusiasm for teaching and for education.
- A burning desire to support others academically.
- Ideally some previous experience working with children in a tutoring/coaching/mentoring capacity.
If reading this advert has sparked your interest in working as a Maths Teaching Assistant, then speak with Matt Burgum at Edustaff today. Just click ‘Apply Now’ and send your current CV for our consideration.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful Maths Graduates will be contacted for this Maths Teaching Assistant role in Colchester.
£55.00 - £75.00 per day
£60.00 - £80.00 per day
£80.00 - £120.00 per day
Randstad Education Australia
£8.83 - £10.00 per hour