Job Title: Mobile Maintenance Electrician
Location: St Helens - Merseyside/Manchester area
Salary: £29,000-£29,500 (depending on experience and qualifications) and Company Van, Pension, Health Plan + an additional £500 added to your salary after satisfactory completion of first 6 months
Our client is a market leading Facilities Management company enjoying substantial growth with an impressive multi-site customer base.
As a result of continued growth, we are now looking to recruit a Mobile Maintenance Electrician to provide building/electrical maintenance services for around 8-10 Care Homes in and around the St Helens and surrounding area.
This role is responsible for maintaining and repairing a range of electrical and mechanical plant and equipment, including building services, within a number of residential care homes in a defined geography. Whilst the role requires the successful candidate to be electrically qualified, the scope of the duties it broad and the role requires an 'all-rounder" who is equally comfortable performing general repairs to the fabric of the buildings, including basic plumbing and joinery duties.
The successful candidate will work around vulnerable people, demonstrating the highest standards of health and safety, with empathy and respect for the client group. Due to the nature of this client group, this role may require a DBS (criminal record check) to be completed.
To undertake regular planned visits, completing PPM tasks and minor repairs requested by the Client;
To undertake a variety of legal compliance electrical testing, including emergency lighting, fire alarm and in-house servicing of equipment;
To undertake a variety of electrical repairs arising from periodic inspection and testing;
To undertake a variety of building maintenance repairs including plumbing, decorating, joinery/carpentry and other general maintenance duties.
Qualifications/Skills Required -
• Candidates must be 17th edition qualified and must be an apprentice served electrician with an appropriate City & Guilds or above qualification.
• C&G 2391 (2394/2395) Testing and Inspection is a derisible qualification however this is not essential
• The role will be working on an on-call rota of 1 in every 4 weeks.
• The ability to self-manage, use initiative and prioritise effectively
• High degree of mobility, travelling throughout the area and driving the company supplied vehicle
• The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
• A commitment to excellence in Health and Safety standard
• Experience in a multi-trade role would be desirable - plumbing, joinery, fire and nurse call systems
• Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate empathy and respect for working with vulnerable people
The role will involve approximately a 50/50 split of electrical maintenance and general building fabric maintenance, so please only apply if you are happy to do both electrical and general building fabric maintenance.
Candidates must hold a full and valid driving licence and be willing to travel on a daily basis.
To apply please send an up to date CV to Nick Elkin at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED.
Building Maintenance Electrical Engineering Electrical Repairs Property Maintenance Planned Preventative Maintenance
£22,000 - £28,000 per annum
Penguin Recruitment Ltd
£16,000 - £20,000 per annum
Penguin Recruitment Ltd
£20,000 - £40,000 per annum
Noriker Power Ltd
£38,000 - £50,000 per annum
Saxon Recruitment Solutions
£38,000 - £40,000 per annum
Glen Callum Associates Automotive Ltd