Network Design / Development Engineer (Senior) - Cisco - Retail Giant!
Based in Bracknell. Commutable from Reading, Wokingham, Slough, Bracknell, Weybridge, Farnborough
My GLOBALLY RECOGNISED retail client is looking for a senior Network Design/Development/Implementation Engineers. You will be working on a variety of network design projects where you will be involved in the design, implementation and hand over to the operations team. Your role will also involve speaking with the 3rd party vendors/technology suppliers. The projects will be broad varying from connectivity of our client's physical retail sites, distribution centres, data centres and .com estates. This is a 'household name' and a multi £million eCommerce and Retail organisation.
You will be working in the Network Development team of circa 20 people sitting alongside another team of Network Operations specialists also around 20 strong so an overall Networking team of 40 heads. The overall IT department is 1300+ heads so this is a huge enterprise (100,000+ employee) environment and boasts a very stimulating technical stack.
Due to the scale of this organisation the successful candidate will be likely have experience in working within another enterprise sized organisation. It is NOT essential that you have worked in the retail space.
Your background can be varied i.e. focusing on one or more of the core arenas:
- Traditional routing & switching
- Firewalls - Checkpoint / Palo Alto
- Load Balancing - Netscaler / F5
If you have a specialism in designing and rolling out solutions in just one of the above areas or perhaps multiple arenas both is ok, we want to hear from you!
Our client's Networking environment:
- Enterprise/Datacentre Routing and Switching - Cisco Catalyst IOS/XE and Nexus NX-OS
- Common Network Services - DNS/DHCP/IP Address Management
- Firewalls and ACLs - Checkpoint, Cisco, Palo Alto
- Remote Access VPNs - Checkpoint, Cisco
- Application Delivery Controllers - Cisco, Citrix, F5
- Secure Web Gateway - Bluecoat, Palo Alto, zScaler
- Running an AS - peering, IP transit, DDOS prevention
- New connectivity to AWS and Google Cloud Platform (GPC)
- Data Centre Core Network (ACI & NSX)
- Security Products (WAF, Skybox, Akamai Prolexic & Kona)
- Proxy Experience (Zscaler & Bluecoat)
- Network Authentication (Cisco ACS / ISE)
- Network Management Tools (Cisco Prime/ CMX, Solarwinds)
- Vmware Networking (VDS)
- Cisco IPT (Contact Centre Enterprise & Express & Unity)
The role will be 80% design/project based with 20% of your time being operationally related. Here are some examples of the huge variety of projects:
- WAN projects
- Firewall upgrades
- App Migrations to SIP Platforms
- Cisco wireless technologies
- Responsible for a group of technologies / services within an Infrastructure Team, collaborating with IT Architecture to produce the strategic roadmap and supporting governance (i.e. QA, challenge).
- Responsible for providing or reviewing requirements, undertaking and / or supervising design research, designing and building solutions.
- Working with project managers, to undertake planning activities including time and financial estimates.
- Helps carry out the provision of complex infrastructure builds / configuration from the standard service catalogue offering
There is a huge amount of investment in IT and tech spend into this retailer so now is a great time to join, both from a technical perspective and for career development!
This organisation has one of the best career development programmes in the UK. You will be fully supported and given an identified career path. In addition, you will receive:
- Bonus 5-15% circa
- On-call bonus
- Contrib pension
- Private Health
- 35 hour week, some flex working possible
- Budget for certification
- Budget for conferences i.e. Checkpoint CPX / Cisco Live
- Generous discounts from the retailer
- 25 days hols + 1 day for Christmas shopping
- Discounted holidays
- Discounted canteen
- Many more too many to list here!
Please note in return for the above opportunity and benefits you will be required to support a minimal element of callout/out of hours work when required.
Apply ASAP for success! A great organisation with stacks of employee development and career progression opportunities here!
Commutable from Reading, Wokingham, Slough, Bracknell, Weybridge, Farnborough
Network Design / Development Engineer (Senior) x4 - Cisco - Retail Giant!