We currently have an exciting and integral vacancy for a Nightshift Manager based at our Interlink site.
Your role will be to manage and control the planning, duties and activities of the nightshift warehouse operation, ensuring the efficient and cost effective management of all operational activities and administration; whilst making sure that all trunkers depart on time and are fully utilised for the national RDC’s.
- To plan, organise and review the nightshift activities and resources of the warehouse and distribution operation to ensure effective and efficient customer deliveries, safe receipt of customer orders and stock products. Maintain the processing and storage of stock in preparation for customer orders prior to despatch.
- Control and maintain a safe working environment ensuring warehouse & distribution operations compliance with Statutory Law, Company Policy and the Safe Operations. Provide training records for all employees to support above and maintain vehicle and MHE records.
- Actively lead and manage the Chargehands ensuring they are working to the required standards, individually and as a team by encouraging ownership of tasks, identifying and using natural talent, actively reviewing progress, agreeing personal training and development needs. Control discipline, attendance and performance levels in line with company policy.
- Achieve agreed Service levels through KPI’s and Business Targets allowing for maintaining and monitoring the effectiveness of overall warehouse performance levels.
- Implementing continuous improvements and cost saving plans throughout the warehouse and distribution activities to optimise accuracy and efficiency. Identify opportunities in warehouse and distribution processes, procedures and systems and make proposals for improvement.
- To ensure communication processes are in place to promote regular and effective communication to warehouse and distribution staff of all matters including health and safety, operations, strategy and training etc. including regular briefings with the teams. Ensuring all staff are fully informed of key business and local news, results and KPI’s.
- Provide information regarding quantitative and qualitative shift performance by means of regular and ad hoc reports, enabling the Site Manager to determine or adjust processes / policy.
Skills and knowledge: Ability to lead and manage a large team of staff including performance, attendance, discipline issues and the development of staff.A hands on approach and a natural problem solver.Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of personal gravitas.Experience of working with KPIs to drive process improvements. Extensive knowledge of WMS