Do you have the skills experience to work with a Head of Department as a Personal Assistant and are you passionate about working with people and helping individuals. if so please read on as this may be the perfect position for you.
Based near South Kensington tube our client; a leading University are seeking a PA and Group Administrator to work for the Head of the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Department. Interviews will take place this week with a view to starting a successful candidate Monday 8th October. The role will pay £15.00 per hour and is expected to be 8-10 weeks.
The Purpose of the Post:
To act as PA and Group Administrator for the Head of the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Department and provide administrative support to members of the Innovation & Entrepreneurship (I&E) Department.
- Act as first point of contact for the Head of Department, managing diary, answering telephones, taking messages, receiving visitors and answering queries from staff, students and guests to the School.
- Provide relevant level of administrative support to the I&E Department as determined by the Head of Department.
- Arrange travel, book hotels and arrange visas where required.
- Set up and maintain I&E distribution and contact lists.
- Induct new starters (including computer log ins, access, health and safety inductions etc.).
- Operate a hot desking system for academic offices to ensure maximum usage, and assume other tasks with respect to the management of the office space (allocation of offices to visitors, orderliness of the office space, etc.)
Meetings and Events
Schedule and support I&E Group meetings, which will include:
- Monthly I&E faculty meetings: liaise with the team to prepare agenda; attend meetings, take formal minutes and follow up action points.
- Be the main administrator and project manager of the annual I&E conference
- Organize away-days and social events
- Support seminars: I&E External Seminar, PhD and Postdoc Paper Development Workshop and PhD and Postdoc Reading Seminar.
- Ad hoc meetings, conferences and workshops as required.
Finance & HR
- Support Principal Investigators in managing grant budgets, taking into account funding terms and conditions.
- Liaise with the school CFO and monitor the Group budget for seminars and allocations for travel, research etc. as well as individuals' overhead accounts.
- Process expense claims, raise purchase orders, journal costs across the Dept budget and accounts.
- Support the annual academic recruitment process by working closely with HR. Duties include such as managing panel members diaries, organising seminars, organising one to one faculty meetings and arranging lunch and dinner for the visits.
- Collate monthly Management Board reports on behalf of the Head of Dept detailing research outputs, news, events and activities.
- Host international visitors to the group; allocate seats and arrange guest access to building and internet.
- Host and support the I&E Visiting Professors and Visiting Fellows: Liaise with HR and the Dean's Office on new honorary appointments and update the relevant 'People' page on the Group website.
- Act as liaison between Group Head and HR on research contract extensions, and ensure relevant paperwork is completed.
- Assist with ad hoc projects which may involve undertaking research and managing research projects.
Key Skills of a Successful applicant:
- Previous PA experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to get on with people from all backgrounds and levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven word processing and IT skills, able to use more advanced features of MS Office to undertake tasks and produce high quality documents of a complex nature
- Flexible and versatile, able to adapt as required to the working styles of a number of different staff
- Able to work independently in the arrangement of own work and cope with much variation in the daily schedule
- High level of organisation and time managements skills
- Experience in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues with tact and discretion
- Able to take and produce accurate minutes of meetings
- Proactive in approach with a willingness to solve difficult problems
- Project management skills
Summary of role details:
- Role: PA and Group Administrator
- Pay rate: £15.00/hr
- Role Length: 8-10 weeks
- Likely start: 8/10/2018
- Location: South Kensington
If this is the role you have been waiting for then please apply today!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Adecco is an equal opportunities company.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy