Private Medical Receptionist/Administrator
Our client is a private clinic in Kensington and are seeking two Medical Receptionists / Administrators.
The roles will initially be on a temporary basis with the possibility of going permanent.
In this role you will be required to ensure the smooth running of the reception and administrative functions of the clinic: act as the first point of contact with the clinic for all clinicians, patients, callers and other visitors and to provide administrative support to the clinicians and other members of the clinic team.
- Meet and greet patients at the reception desk, providing a friendly and helpful welcome.
- Respond to patients questions, queries and requests
- Take messages for other team members and ensure they receive and act on these messages
- Book patient appointments, handle requests for emergency appointments and consultations.
- Register new patients
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Scan and file correspondence in Patient Records
- Input Patient data to the computer system
- Ensure discretion and confidentiality when dealing with Patient details
- Assist in production of information for clinical audit
- Provide administrative support to Clinical staff and other members of the team - word processing, copying, faxing and preparation of documents
- Process patient and clinician payments as necessary
- Ensure the reception area is kept tidy
- Open and close the clinic at the start and end of the day, if first to arrive or last to leave, ensuring security systems are in place
- Provide support and guidance to new staff during their induction
- Attend and participate in Clinic and Reception/Administrative team meetings
Skills and experience:
- Previous Reception/Administrative experience in private medical (essential)
- The ideal candidates will have strong telephone and organisational skills
- This is a fast paced role with a busy switchboard; candidates should have similar previous experience.
Rate: £14.00 per hour