Our client is a manufacturer of High Tech, High Performance products. They are currently recruiting for an Approvals Engineer to work from their state of the art office in Cambridgeshire.
• Gaining product regulatory approvals worldwide for seamless market access and leading the process developing expertise
• Support external testing activities by certification bodies for compliance testing.
• Support external activities for product licensing.
• Conduct EMC testing in house and supervise external testing as required.
• Technical documentation including the construction and maintenance of technical construction files for all products.
• Proactively stay up to date on the standards, directives and regulations applicable and/or related to our products.
• Working as part of a team within the R&D department.
• Conduct compliance audits and assist with third party factory audits.
• Assist in product design and prototype build and production documentation relevant to approvals.
Degree level or equivalent experience in Electronics/Physics or another related discipline.
• Strong knowledge of EMC testing including EMC pre-compliance during product development, EMC testing at external labs, and EMC countermeasures and mitigation.
• Experience gaining product approval for global market requirements.
• Knowledge of safety and EMC standards/directives applicable to consumer products.
• Knowledge of product and packaging marking requirements.
• Excellent knowledge of (EN 60065) and the requirements of the hazard based standard (EN 62368-1).
• Knowledge of the regulatory requirements for emerging markets.
• Knowledge of Audio/Video specific product licencing and approvals such as the requirements of Dolby, DTS, Apple, Spotify, MQA etc.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business