Bishopsgate Law is a very modern, growing law practice.
We are looking for a Receptionist at our Potters Bar Office.
We operate a very organised, hardworking and beautiful office. We aspire to be tidy and paperless.
We’re highly ambitious - it’s a very exciting time to work for us and anyone joining will be taking part in the building of a very successful company.
- Taking all telephone calls to our general number.
- Entering every call to our general number and email to our public email address into a contact log spreadsheet, specifying how the caller found out about us if the call is a new enquiry.
- Overseeing our calendars and booking all appointments.
- Collecting and scanning all daily post in, saving each item into it's digital folder and entering the senders information into our contact database.
- Overseeing our contact database.
- Organising, franking and sending daily post out.
- Keeping the reception area, meeting room and kitchen in a clean, tidy state (including emptying the dishwasher in the morning, occasionally clearing out the fridge, running the coffee machine's cleaning process and watering the plants).
- Taking and receipting all card, cash and cheque payments received into our case management software.
- Overseeing the public email address and forwarding emails to the relevant person/department and replying to said emails when appropriate.
- Overseeing our main printer/scanner/copier, sorting various printed documents into departmental trays.
- Occasionally scanning and/or organising large files for management or fee earners.
- Greeting clients warmly (with their name if known) and occasionally making hot drinks for them.
- Dealing with clients who may be going through extremely difficult and stressful times in their lives and being able to handle their distress or impatience, maintaining a polite and bright manner and mood.
- Calling clients or our phone / IT support providers when needed.
- Explaining administrative/ procedural things to clients. E.g., the acceptable forms of ID they need to bring or the costs of basic transactions (such as swearing an oath, having a basic will written, etc.) when it is a clear case.
- Generally following complicated procedures that keep us legally compliant and administratively assisting our legal and management staff.
- Can drive, be driven or walk to work should trains or buses not be running as usual.
- The ideal candidate will be looking to stay in this position for a year or more
Skills & Experience
- Excellent customer service and phone manner
- Impeccable time-keeping
- Highly reliable / brilliant attendance
- Professionalism - sharply-dressed / well-presented / project decorum
- First class written and spoken English
- Organisational / admin skills
- Strong Excel, Word and generally strong IT skills
- Competent at typing
- Understanding confidentiality and some understanding or experience of the legal profession
- Very tidy and clean
- Social, friendly and a good team-worker!
- Calm and cool under pressure
+ Full time
+ 09:00 - 17:40, with one hour lunch break (either between 12:00-13:00 or 14:00-15:00)
+ Salary is 18,000 - 18,500 pa.
Administrative Computer Literate Customer Service Secretarial Receptionist Duties
£18,000 - £22,000 per annum, negotiable, inc benefits, OTE
£19,000 - £21,000 per annum, negotiable, pro-rata, inc benefits, OTE
£24,000 - £26,000 per annum, negotiable, inc benefits, OTE
£7.50 per hour
Fuller Smith and Turner
New Look Retailers Ltd