We have a great opportunity for an experienced Receptionist to provide valuable support for staff members, residents and visitors at our Bournville Gardens Retirement Village.
Bournville Gardens provides 212 spacious homes. Bournville Gardens opened in November 2015, off Bristol Road South on the site of the former Bournville College. ExtraCare's unrivalled mix of social facilities are at the heart of the Village.
Location: 49 Bristol Road South, Birmingham, B31 2FR
Salary: £8.19 - £9.07 (depending on qualifications)
Hours: 28 Hours per week
The responsibilities of our Receptionist will include:
- Meeting and greeting visitors in a pleasant, friendly and welcoming manner; listening carefully to determine how best to assist them.
- Providing a friendly and helpful telephone service ensuring calls are answered quickly, transferred and directed to the correct person.
- Ensure all visitors & contractors sign in and out, and can be accounted for in case of an emergency.
- Ensuring reception area is kept tidy and report any cleanliness shortfalls.
- With the Administrator, provide a typing and photocopying service and order stationery on a weekly basis.
- Set up systems to manage and keep accurate records of meeting room bookings, taking monies for bookings of rooms, entertainment and trips.
- Sorting and distributing all incoming external/internal post, emails and faxes to relevant team.
- Taking comprehensive messages for members of staff or residents, ensuring they are passed on..
- Training and guiding Residents, volunteers or others to provide a competent service both alongside and in the absence of the receptionist.
We are looking for an experienced Receptionist who can clearly demonstrate the following:
- Proven people skills with Impeccable customer service and attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Organisational skills
- An NVQ Level 2 in Customer Service or relevant experience.
As our Receptionist your main area of work will be the reception area. However, you may be required to carry out any other tasks or duties or to work in other area’s from time to time or as directed by your Manager. Therefore you need to be flexible in your approach and remain calm under pressure.
Current benefits for this post include full comprehensive induction, statutory training, pension scheme, free Life Assurance, free village gym membership, Child Care vouchers, Cycle2Work scheme, Attendance Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme.
This Receptionist post may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure where applicable, two satisfactory references, medical clearance and Home Office right to work clearance.
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and attitude to work with our charity and make a difference to people lives then please apply for the role of Receptionist today.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
£47,000 per annum
Ambition Europe Limited
£16,000 - £18,000 per annum
£45,000 per annum
£19,000 - £20,000 per annum